GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Lenoir City to ride in with Tennessee Charlie, WhimpyHonda, and Boxmaker.
Entertained by Charlie's tales about Whimpy, and Whimpy's denial and rebuttal only as real friends can do.
Out riding my Slow reputation and not crossing the centerline one time,but probably confusing Charlie with my brake lights.
Riding new roads with old friends and one new one.
Getting the suspicious eye from the county cop at the Dam parking area.
Indian story from the wannabe again guy from Florida while his wife waits in the car ready to go
Adjusting my CB to the correct channel after I was told channel 17. An accidental oversite I hope.

3board members that were my riding buddies for the day. Tennessee Charlie, WhimpyHonda, BoxMaker.
Riding around Blairsville and riding, and riding and riding, but we weren't lost.
Deciding what to eat at a good buffet.

Learning old and new board members(N.Georgia Rider, Fox in Georgia, TrikeMike and Pat(?), Tennessee Charlie, Whimpy Honda, BoxMaker, TowMotor, TrialsMan.
Unbelieving how much Whimpy can out away at one setting.
Not being able to find a large enough bowl for TowMotor's banana pudding.
Catching only a mist from over-cloudy skys all day.
Hashing over past post during lunch. KUMO or Continental?

Relaxing with a cup of coffee and discussing future rides.
Understanding there is at least one non-wussy in Alabama( aimed at you Ezeondai)
Never forgetting a great day with friends.
THANKS PAUL

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Going to Lenoir City to ride in with Tennessee Charlie, WhimpyHonda, and Boxmaker.
Entertained by Charlie's tales about Whimpy, and Whimpy's denial and rebuttal only as real friends can do.
Out riding my Slow reputation and not crossing the centerline one time,but probably confusing Charlie with my brake lights.
Riding new roads with old friends and one new one.
Getting the suspicious eye from the county cop at the Dam parking area.
Indian story from the wannabe again guy from Florida while his wife waits in the car ready to go
Adjusting my CB to the correct channel after I was told channel 17. An accidental oversite I hope.

3board members that were my riding buddies for the day. Tennessee Charlie, WhimpyHonda, BoxMaker.
Riding around Blairsville and riding, and riding and riding, but we weren't lost.
Deciding what to eat at a good buffet.

Learning old and new board members(N.Georgia Rider, Fox in Georgia, TrikeMike and Pat(?), Tennessee Charlie, Whimpy Honda, BoxMaker, TowMotor, TrialsMan.
Unbelieving how much Whimpy can out away at one setting.
Not being able to find a large enough bowl for TowMotor's banana pudding.
Catching only a mist from over-cloudy skys all day.
Hashing over past post during lunch. KUMO or Continental?

Relaxing with a cup of coffee and discussing future rides.
Understanding there is at least one non-wussy in Alabama( aimed at you Ezeondai)
Never forgetting a great day with friends.
THANKS PAUL
Sorry I missed it Joe but I thought friends would at least spell the name of friends correct!:-:)-( (At least you can pronounce it now:thumbup::lol:) We are sitting here now trying to work a plan to make the 4th Georgia Lunch Run. Donna has never been to Savannah and wants to go. Plus, we haven't seen Fred from Ga. since he was Fred from RI!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I had a great ride and an even better time at least when I found the place. Joe showed me some good roads and I was suprised to see he wasn't really that slow after all! It was good to see some old friends and meet new one. Next time yall pick a place that if they have Nanner Puddin make sure they have a REAL bowl!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I had a great ride and an even better time at least when I found the place. Joe showed me some good roads and I was suprised to see he wasn't really that slow after all! It was good to see some old friends and meet new one. Next time yall pick a place that if they have Nanner Puddin make sure they have a REAL bowl!!
Richard, where you thinking Joe rode slow? I'm sorry, I meant to explain to you before.....ummmmm...shhhhh, he may be listening!!!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Richard, where you thinking Joe rode slow? I'm sorry, I meant to explain to you before.....ummmmm...shhhhh, he may be listening!!!:lol::lol::lol:
You told me he was slower than you!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
richard, where you thinking joe rode slow? I'm sorry, i meant to explain to you before.....ummmmm...shhhhh, he may be listening!!!:lol::lol::lol:
uuuhhhhmmmmmm...................................

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Had a great time and ride down and back. Was nice meeting everybody. Towmotor i hope you did not freeze going back home:thumbup:

PS Thanks Joe for coming up and riding down with us:yes1:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Darn, somebody let it slip about "slow" Joe. We've been trying to keep it from him and everybody...Actually, keeping it from him was easy.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That is a good post Joe. Enjoyed meeting and ridding with you. You are not slow. The ride down and back was great. Towmotor is tough! Teeshirt and leather jacket in mid 40's.I was warm ridding, but about froze standing in the parking lot. :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Boxmaker I don't know about being tough but I do know about not carrying enough clothes! I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want Trialsman to start singing the Gerbings song again. I guess I will start looking for end of the season sales on Gerbings!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I guess I was the reason gor all the dicussion about CT. I am fixing to switch so I have been asking everyone, I think I might have asked the Waitress. But that is all over now Trialsman has me fixed up, he said he would help me if I would shut up.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Since I couldn't make the real event I recreated it today. Rode out of Warner Robins at 0830, rode the interstate up thru Atlanta and then headed for the back roads. After getting to Blairsville I had a bit of a problem finding the place. After thinking I've ridin every rode in town I finally asked someone where Steve's was. I was less than a block away. I finally arrived and ate enough for two people and headed out. Rode down 180 to Bald Mountain and checked out the scenery. Then to Hiawassee and on to Helan. Then I just headed south an arrived home around 8:00 PM. A total of 512 miles. A great day of riding but sure wish I could of made the actual event. I made the first, missed the 2cd and 3rd so looking forward to the 4th. Hope to see your there.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Guilty as charged, Richard. I am passionate about several things, when it comes to the 1800 and riding: 2 of those things are the advantages of the CT for most Wingers and the way electric gear allows me to ride in any temperature, as warm as if I were in my truck.

I do sometimes sound like a preacher, when I get a chance to convert someone.:oops:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Tn Charlie read TDI post i was not the only one that rode around in circles:22yikes:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Tn Charlie read TDI post i was not the only one that rode around in circles:22yikes:
Blairsville don't seem to be that big but I think I made about 3 laps aroud it myself.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
electric gear allows me to ride in any temperature, as warm as if I were in my truck.

Paul that reminds me of a ride out around Crossville with Boxmaker. It was 32 deg with about 2ins of snow on sides of road. He keyed his mike and said hey man im just as warm as if i were in my truck.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
electric gear allows me to ride in any temperature, as warm as if I were in my truck.

Paul that reminds me of a ride out around Crossville with Boxmaker. It was 32 deg with about 2ins of snow on sides of road. He keyed his mike and said hey man im just as warm as if i were in my truck.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
First time I thought that to myself was coming back from Texas a year ago January. I had gone out for some BBQ at the Hard 8 and for breakfast at the OST.

Coming back East on I-10, it was 21 degrees and I was running 75mph. I was warm as toast.:yes1:

On a trip to N.C. once though I didn't plan well enough and left some of the electrics at home. I won't do that again!!! Now I carry all my electric stuff at all times, plus warm clothes and those little heating bag thingys, in case of a failure of some kind.

I guess I hijacked this threrad didn't I?:oops:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts