GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, 6 years ago, i exited the rat race at age 48

i have enjoyed my hobbies, the wing, my cats, travel, eating, and my tv show collection

thanks to many of you on this board, for adding to my wing experience

see ya'll down the road

·
Registered
116 Posts
retired

I enjoyed my 5th year on Dec 24, 08. Your message pretty much describes my last 5 years also. I retired at the ripe old age of 49 so you are one up on me. I don't know how I ever got anything done while working. It seems that every morning there is so much to do now, that I don't know where to start.

Congrats on 6 years and hope you have many more.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Congrats on what sounds like 6 great years!
I hope to be there someday!

See ya'll in April, can't wait.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Congrats Guys,

Soon will be 4 years for me here but I still work part time helps me keep my sanity and my wife would kill me if I was underfoot all day:joke:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It must be nice! As it stands with the economy and a career change 20 years ago I'll have to work till I die, but I've always said "if I ever do get to retire I'll be darned good at it." I'm so jealous of you retirees that are my age and younger. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
:thumbup:

Enjoy it! Life is to short!

Mark

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Congratulations on a long and hopefully longer retirement. :thumbup:I retired the first time at age 48, then again at age 62 and plan on retiring for the last time at age 70. I find that no matter how well I budget, inflation does not allow me to keep up and that darn Wing demands too many gifts. With more free time comes more hobbies, more expense, more travel and (according to the government low inflation) inflation seems to eat up my income so it is back to work. :wrong:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I have to work till i am at least 62 and possibly 65. Just cannot afford to retire. 2 kids going to university these next 8 to 10 years. cannot stop working till their done. i will need a trike before i will be able to retire

·
The Boss
1,289 Posts
I'm very thankful you were able to retire when you did. The couple years before you retired, were probably the worst years we went thru. Not only on our marriage, but your stress/health/etc. Although you've paid/and are still paying consequences of that health wise, Our lives are better now than they've been for a long long time.

And since you're home everyday - get the dishwasher loaded and press the "start" button :lol:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Congrats on retiring at that young age. I lost my job 6 months ago now and I don't know where the hours in the day go. I spend 4-5 hours studying and then do some housework and then get dinner ready for the employed wife and then it's bedtime and do it all over again the next day. I don't think I'll have the time for retirement.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Congrats Loren!! Hope you enjoy many more years being retired.
See ya in Rogers....

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
Congrats! I hope you were not a "Walmart Executive". If so, it explains our comments! If not, A "Many Congrats to you and the Mrs". Ride on!

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Congrat's Loren.

Your brother-in-law was in the store on Saturday. Funny thing....he said you never worked a day in your life !!;);)

It was good to see Chuck again. We got to yak a bit. He's looking forward to picking up his new HD soon.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats! I hope you were not a "Walmart Executive". If so, it explains our comments! If not, A "Many Congrats to you and the Mrs". Ride on!
no, i moved here two years ago

i spend money at walmart, i wasnt an employee

1 - 20 of 21 Posts