GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all complaining, mostly to myself thankfully, I got my packet today. First finisher in nearly 2 years. I'm sure glad I was accepted. It was a great ride I'll probably never do again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Congrats...a real accomplishment!! My next one is a 1500 in 24 as soon as the weather cools a little...

·
Registered
861 Posts
:)
I feel the same way about my run & ride combo. I ran the half marathon in SDO a couple of weeks ago and then did a SS1k from SDO to Tucson to Barstow and home. The temps were OK (LDComfort) but I earned the ride the hard way - I ended up with a thing called "IT band syndrome" which causes the tendon on the outside of the knee to rub on the bone of the knee joint.
Caused me a lot of pain, missed about a week of training, and scared the crap out of me wondering if I'd be forced to miss the marathon in Sacto in December.
And this I had a blood clot in my left leg 10 years ago so things got a little swollen by the time I got home…
Yeh, it was great to do the ride but I paid the price.

"Wheat Ridge" - don't happen to know a fellow named Tad Wheeler, would you? I knew him when I lived up in Broomfield.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Congrats on Certifying a tough ride. I haven't looked up how many have been done but you are definitely a flea's flea.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the words. It was not near as tough as I thought it was going to be, but I got real lucky on the weather and hit no rain, and no major traffic problems until I got 10 miles from home and took 30 minutes to go 10 miles. Still had 2.5hrs spare time built up even with that.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Congrats on Certifying a tough ride. I haven't looked up how many have been done but you are definitely a flea's flea.
:agree:

Congrats on a tough ride.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Outstanding! Congratulations on a truly "extreme" IBA ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts