GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite day/time to go for a short ride from your house?

It took me a while to ask this question in fear of getting a religion lesson but
let me start by saying I'm not much for going to church on Sunday even though I was brought up in a strict Catholic household.

This summer on many Sunday mornings early (about 6:00 a.m or there abouts),
I find going for a couple hours ride from my house through a near-by state
forest is something of a religious experience for me.
I get a lot of spiritual sights/sounds and thoughts twice as much as seating in some crowded church in a white shirt and tie,

The rising sun over the pines, the serene lake waters, the cool but soft breeze over my full face helmet,
and nothing out there but me and my Goldwing humming a tune from 1832cc.

This Sunday was feelings of mix emotions with the anniversary of 9-11,
thinking about all the people that never had the chance to ride on Sunday morning on one of Honda's greatest touring bikes, the Goldwing.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I see no reason to not ride on a sunday morning. I do not attend church and never have as an adult.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I find going for a couple hours ride from my house through a near-by state
forest is something of a religious experience for me.
I get a lot of spiritual sights/sounds and thoughts twice as much as seating in some crowded church in a white shirt and tie,

Cheers!

Amen
:thumbup:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Well if you were raised Catholic, you know it is a religion of convenience... Go to a Saturday late Mass or even Sunday after your 2-hour ride. Lots of places have 'em until noon!!

On the other hand, if your Sunday rides satisfies you mentally, morally, and physically--then that's what I would do, too!!:thumbup:
It's all about "YOU"... Ya gotta like what ya do and do what ya like.

Amen.

Never saw a collection plate in the woods/forest, either, Gimme another "Amen" on that one, brothers and sisters.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
IMHO, It's better to be out riding and thinking about church than to be in church thinking about riding.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
IMHO, It's better to be out riding and thinking about church than to be in church thinking about riding.
Unless something happens when your out riding and you need the Lord.
Being Catholic will not save you, going to church will not save you, no man or pastor or priest can save you, you must be born again (not baptised when your a baby and have no idea of what going on) and have a relationship with Jesus to be saved. Every one has a choice, I feel there are 6 other days a week I can ride, I was director of a big touring club in Calif that met on Sunday once a month but gave it up because I knew where I was suppose to be on Sunday. And now I'm there.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You Sir are thinking right up my ally.............:yes1:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh dear..

HEATHENS!!

LOL!!!

I get to ride a lot and I really do enjoy each time I put on my gloves but the best ones? When my wife and I are somewhere we havent been!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I get to ride most every day if I choose to. All are good, but the best is when my wife and I get lost somewhere we have never been. It really is the small things that mean the most.

·
Registered
127 Posts
funny, i've been doing early sunday am rides for quite a while, it does have a spiritual quality to being in the countryside before most people are up and out. the roads are all mine.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I see no reason to not ride on a sunday morning. I do not attend church and never have as an adult.

me to , for me its what you do on monday that really matters . no what you claim on sunday . help somebody every day . we have had some people in need lately , one asked why dont you charge me . why ? because i can , you need the help

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
me to , for me its what you do on monday that really matters . no what you claim on sunday . help somebody every day . we have had some people in need lately , one asked why dont you charge me . why ? because i can , you need the help
Now that's a real man, I've told people I like to help people and have been asked "why". It just makes me feel good. Is that from a spiritual up bring or what? As I've been told "what goes around, comes around" , just ask my ex.
:nojoke:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ride any time I can and speak with God when I want. Or when he want's.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
What is interesting here..... is; when I respond on this board that I do not attend church, follow a sky daddy (God) , walk in sand with one set of foot prints with jesus or he carries me ( how ever that trick works) .... I start receiving email for Christian stuff.

I set the email trap and this time I know who it comes from.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts