GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rid of most of my chrome and replaced it with black or white. I found a Black windshield garnish on fleabay too. Now my commute time is now 25% faster too because I have an empty lane to myself. It is amazing how easy cagers are faked out. I even had one LEO on the freeway with a LASER gun wave at me instead of waving me over, :wrong:

White and Black is for sure the fastest color, except for the real Black & Whites.

There are new album photos on my forum profile too.

P1320695.jpg

P1320685.jpg

This is with just the low beams on, I almost never use the high beams, and almost everyone moves out of my way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLls6wcpSf4

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Couple coats of polish to cut the wind resistance down and you will be looking at about 33% faster! :thumbup:

Oh and don't forget the modulator! :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Thats pretty smart and looks good too!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You should put "POLITE" in reverse format on your windshield . . . .

hehe

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Good thing you can stay in the fast lane cause it sure is ugly! hahahaha:joke:

·
Registered
494 Posts
enter the freeway,,follow the car

What you did,,
will get you and all of us goldwingers IN TROBLE with the cars.
It is against the law to enter the freeway, the way you did.
You MUST get past the white fog line,
BEFORE you move into the traffic lane.
Someday, a car is going to OPEN his Door on you.

Just a thought.

NO NAME
Seattle WA

·
Registered
686 Posts
(former San Diegan, here)

Yeah... but who wants to get to El Cajon or Lemon Grove in a hurry? :joke:

Getting away? Yeah... I can see that

Just my 0.02... those lane changes (resulting in tailgating)? Someday, someone is going to hesitate when they see your 'POLITE' bike (my guess is that the blue-white low beams are contributing to the impression) shoot right behind them, and you're going to have a bumper wrapped around the front wheel of your scoot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Now just add some 3M reflective pinstriping - in blue and red of course - and the headlight modulator and see another 25% improvement.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't notice anyone moving for you but I did notice you changing from lane to lane lot to go around traffic.

That was the long way to go to Fry's. Now that the 52 is finished you should have taken the 67 to the 52 to the 15 rather than the 67 to the 8 to the 15.

Of course that was typical San Diego weather. Clear and nice. I love riding to work in that kind of weather every day.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I didn't notice anyone moving for you but I did notice you changing from lane to lane lot to go around traffic.

That was the long way to go to Fry's. Now that the 52 is finished you should have taken the 67 to the 52 to the 15 rather than the 67 to the 8 to the 15.

Of course that was typical San Diego weather. Clear and nice. I love riding to work in that kind of weather every day.
I remember commuting from the Friars Road area up to work in San Marcos -- when 15 was still a 2-lane road (Murphy Cyn Road?... don't recall the name, now) up through the canyon and SR 52, east over to Santee, was still a dream at that time. Finally got 52 built?

Of course, those were the days of Kevin McR, "Goose", Tony Gwynn, Garvey and Alan Wiggins playing ball at The Murph.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I remember commuting from the Friars Road area up to work in San Marcos -- when 15 was still a 2-lane road (Murphy Cyn Road?... don't recall the name, now) up through the canyon and SR 52, east over to Santee, was still a dream at that time. Finally got 52 built?

Of course, those were the days of Kevin McR, "Goose", Tony Gwynn, Garvey and Alan Wiggins playing ball at The Murph.

Geeeeeze can you post a picture of the "born on date" on the bottom of your foot. :shrug: LOL

I still call it the Murph.no the stupid Quailcom or the Q..

The now open 52 (Finally) lets me stay out of Santee now and is great too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
You clearly weave in and out at a speed considerably higher than the rest of the traffic. I hope you use your dash cam often because it will help explain things when the day comes you ultimately end up a hood ornament. Others here may think you are the coolest thing on the road but I certainly don't. You are the classic example of one of those bikers who was "not there when the cager looked but was suddenly there when they changed lanes".....tick, tick, tick.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What you did,,
will get you and all of us goldwingers IN TROBLE with the cars.
It is against the law to enter the freeway, the way you did.
You MUST get past the white fog line,
BEFORE you move into the traffic lane.
Someday, a car is going to OPEN his Door on you.

Just a thought.

NO NAME
Seattle WA
Boy, you are not kidding.:agree:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I remember when they built the 805 and 15 north was the old 395 and it was two lane. I also remember when the 8 east out of San Diego was two lane all the way out of California. Of course I can go a little futher back to when I was a little boy and route 66 was the way we'd go to get to Illinois to visit family.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Now I have to go back and look at the video after all the discussion! I just looked at the pix!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Geeeeeze can you post a picture of the "born on date" on the bottom of your foot. :shrug: LOL

.:thumbup:
Save the trouble. Still have the tag that the USAF insisted having stitched to my butt: Infant, Female, SMALL, Caucasian, LINDELL, K. G. 9754A, Government Issue Date: 21 Oct 1958. :joke:

When I was married, and we were living in SD, it was just to the east of Silver Springs Water... so, for a die-hard baseball fan, it was great being able to walk to the games.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts