GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we have had one heck of a time this last few days.

Irene paid our area a visit on Sunday and left a calling card all over the place. My bike stayed safe and sound inside the garage.

We were out of power from Sunday till Tuesday. (well we do have a 7.8 generator). However, few of our neighbors do, so we shared mine in the neighborhood, going from house to house every few hours to chill the fridges/freezers and charge batteries and the like.

We had no phones nor internet. Kind of tough running an internet business without these tools...LOL We made it though.

Meesh and I counted our blessings. Other than some inconveniences, we came out of this pretty clean.

Many of our neighbors have had their houses pushed off the foundations. Mom & Pop businesses lost forever! Complete towns wiped off the map! Bridges wiped out, roads partially destroyed and will be deemed unusable for months to come. Many of you that joined us for Catscade, have driven on these roads and passed through these towns. The damage is unimaginable!

Communities, people are pulling together, sharing the toil, with the triumphs. The people in the area are just magnificent. Folks not from this area would never believe that we are Nu Yawkas. I am proud of them, one and all.

Thanks to everyone, for the calls, prayers and concerns.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Good to hear yall made it through with just a few bumps. I hope that part of the country rebounds quickly.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Happy belated Birthday, Dawg. That was just God trying to wet things down before you lit those candles. ;):lol:

Glad to hear your safe, but, sorry to hear about the damage around you. If you need anything to help those neighbors out, let us know.

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Bulldog,
I have never met you and your lovely wife, but you are good people.

Take care, and God Bless you for helping...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sorry to hear of the damage in your area. This has certainly been a year for natural disasters. Here in Alabama, we can identify.

On April 27 a tornado missed us by about a mile. One poor guy that I know lost his father, mother, toddler son, brother and sister-in-law -- five immediate family members -- in a matter of seconds. Whole communities were wiped out completely. We were without power for 4-5 days. Ice came at a premium. The trusty gas grill kept us up and running.

Kudos to you and yours for helping others.

2W

·
Registered
86 Posts
Good to hear you and your neighbors are makin it through the tough times - We watched almost hourly as the storm moved north. This has been a year of weather extremes, I have recorded .34 inches of moisture since March this year, temps remain high, over 100 today, with 20 mph (normal) wind.... and a fence contractor welding down the way - he did have a water tank in his truck but it is hard to see a fire from under your hood. Best wishes with your recovery - yall are some persistant folks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Irene

Good to hear you are safe and that you helped out your neighbors. I remember seeing you at the "Apple Cade" in Winchester, VA (May 08.

I passed by your area 3 weeks ago on my way to Vermont. Rode route 209 from Port Jarvis through Ellenville to 87.

I was in Bennington, Wilmington, Brattleboro, Waterbury, Windsor and a few other towns in Vermont from 7 - 13 August. We had a great time while there.

I was sad to hear about all the damage Irene caused in those areas. Hope your area recovers quickly.

Dave

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers have been with you two, glad you are doing ok!!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Glad you guys are ok,and thanks for the great service on my recent order,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Glad you made it through Bulldog! I know what you are going through with the massive destruction. Our thoughts and prayers!:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Stay safe up that way and I am not surprised you looked after others. Nicely done.:thumbup:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Good you checked in - was wondering how you faired this time - sure has been the norm.(unfortunately) for you guy's the last few years.
Glad to hear the coffee's back on - no telling when you might get a visitor!! Byron

·
Registered
714 Posts
Glad to hear you made it okay. Who would have thought a hurricane would do this kind of stuff up there. Here in Houston, we are sort of used to it. But, for some reason, after watching all the news, it seems like you guys got hit harder, even thought it was cat 1.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Dawg...good to hear that you pulled through this in good shape. I was wondering how it was going in your area. I remember that your places sits up a bit, so I figured that you were good but that many in your area would have it hard. Stay safe!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Dawg, that is good to hear. By the way I am impressed with your service in those trying few days. The tires I ordered on Sunday arrived on Tuesday just like you said. The other stuff came on Wednesday even though I didn't talk to you about that and really did not expect it until next week or so. You are the man!!!!!!! Of course I know that Meesh is really the one wearing the pants in that house. Good luck with the clean up and wish you could make it out to Rockies Gold, we would love to see you again.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
We still dont have any power since Sunday @2:00pm:shrug: oh well it will be on soon I hope.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well we have had one heck of a time this last few days.

We were out of power from Sunday till Tuesday. (well we do have a 7.8 generator). However, few of our neighbors do, so we shared mine in the neighborhood, going from house to house every few hours to chill the fridges/freezers and charge batteries and the like.

Bulldog & Meesh
Pretty cool sharing with others, glad your safe.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
We are happy to hear you made it through OK and that you were able to help others in the process!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts