GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Lasik surgury done on both eye today and went outside to look at my bike. It's even better looking now that I can see it in focus. Wow is she pretty. Thank you Honda and Hal==Larry

·
Registered
615 Posts
Congrats Livy, I hear it is a wonderful surgery. Joy

G

·
0 Posts
I've been considering this surgery. In fact I may see if I can get 'fixed', lasik, and some lipo done all at once. Maybe save some :money1:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Javern said:
In fact I may see if I can get 'fixed'....
OK... that 'fixed' comment was WAY much more than we needed to know. Stop sharing so much... OK? :lol:

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Glad you can see better now. I need to look (Grin ) into that stuff for my left eye

Fixed?

I did that 28 years ago.

our youngest is 30 now.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Congrats Livy, I`m happy for you and hope to get my eyes done this year as well................... to see things thrown at me, before impact. :D I wish they came out with similar surgery for hearing loss, in-lieu of wearing a hearing aid.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Congrats Livy. In a couple years I'm going to need to have my cataracks removed and I'm going to have the Lasik done at the same time. This way my insurance will pay for it. That's the only reason I'm waiting. Been wearing glasses since I was 12 years old. It will sure be nice to get rid of them.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I have read that in some cases a person still needs reading glasses.

It is simply amazing what they can do for our eyes now

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had mine done in 1998

Had both eyes done Mar 1998. I wore HARD contacts for 30 yrs before the surgery. Yes you may need reading glasses, as I did, but was on the verge of it before surgery, so not surprised. Got cheapie glasses at Rx, low powered (125) and was absolutely amazed at how well I could see (20/15). Would do it again in a heartbeat. Ex-wife and youngest daughter had it done a couple months later, they sister-in-law a year after that. All still swear by it. :D :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The eyes's are very important, can't take em for granted for sure.
Congrads Livy. :s27:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Tony in AZ said:
I have read that in some cases a person still needs reading glasses.

It is simply amazing what they can do for our eyes now
Tony, according to what Dr. Holder told me, by the time I need my cataract's removed, (about 2 years now), they will have implants prefected to eleminate the need for reading glasses, but even if I choose not to get the implants, just needing reading glasses will be a huge blessing after wearing glasses for over 30 years. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Jim, for what its worth,

I had cataracts removed from both eyes about three years ago. Distance vision is now 20/20, but require 1.25 reading glasses.

The unmentioned part of that surgery is what you get in color. I never realized my color perception had got that bad. It is now VIVID. And the reading glasses - I use bi-focals, just because I want my eyes protected ALL the time, and glasses are an easy way to do it. I have not had a hunk of dirt in my eve for ten years, and it used to be a weekly thing.

And the surgery is about as painful as a haircut. Best thing since they put two wheels under an engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts