GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my riding's over for quite a while, cut the artery + wrist tendon + nerves on left wrist.
Do have feeling in fingers & can wiggle fingers, so it could have been worse. Don't know jet how long
i'll be down, doc said could be 1-2 yrs before know extent of any nerve damage.
(Note to self, when shucking sweet corn, if wife tells u to put the knife down, ya might want to....):cry::cry:

note to self, when shucking sweet corn, lest

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Sorry to hear that,,,,and you're right, it could have been worse...Take care....

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
There must have been a reason she told you to put the knife down. Bad aim? Hope you heal soon!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Sorry to hear of your mishap! I hope you heal quickly.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
What a bummer. Wrist injuries are the pits. I found out first hand a few years ago.

Heal fast and try to be patient.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it's going to be the most exspensive sweet corn that we ever not had....:eek:4::eek:4:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not sure where a knife enters into shucking corn (for personal consumption, anyway) but good luck with the repairs....maybe you can get yourself a clutchless bike like the DN-01. I hear they're going cheap.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
May you heal quickly and completely.

+1 on the offer of helping your wing not feel neglected. :lol:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Not sure where a knife enters into shucking corn (for personal consumption, anyway) but good luck with the repairs....maybe you can get yourself a clutchless bike like the DN-01. I hear they're going cheap.
...I wondered too, where a knife comes in to shuck corn. Next thing I pondered after not thinking you needed one at all...was what kinda knife did you USE? If it sliced all that up it was either big/sharp, VERY sharp, or you were throwing yourself at each ear like an assassin and missed. :(

Either way...hope you heal up and don't have permanent damage. Corn comes in a can, but I almost hesitate to mention that to you since you could take a leg with the opener. :22yikes:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Y'all gotta git better fittin teeth if ya has to use a nife. My granddaughter has to use a knife cuz she still has braces on her teeth. Me.....I just munch away like a chipmunk.

Love sweet corn....it's coming in season around here and I munch 2 ears per day.

Can't wait for apple season too, but I dont use no nife there either.

:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts