GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Yesterday Sandie and I went for a ride on the Wing and on the way back home I was stoped at a light and ahead of us the 2 lanes reduced to 1 and there was a slite incline, then when the light went green I poped the clutch with a little more throttle than I normaly use to get in front of the car that was stoped on the left of me I was so suprised when the front wheel left the ground :p and even more suprised at the length of time that the front wheel stayed of the ground, You should have heard me yelling and howling through the entercom and Sandie trying to talk over me saying what just happened? Wow What a RUSH!!!!!! :D I know that I can't be the only one out there to do this because it happened with no effort at all on my part, So Who out there has had and experience of there own, were you riding 1 up or 2, riding with others or alone, well you get the idea just spill the beans enquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've had it happen once, 2 up. Took me by surprise as well.

The scariest was starting out on a slight incline, and the engine bogged to an extent. I figured I had started out in second gear. Turns out I started in third!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I hear ya ! My good friend that I ride with owns a Harley ! And I let him lead most of the time. Well we took off together with me just behind him. Well I can't hear the wing at all when he's getting on his because of his pipes. I hear him shift from first to second and I do also, but he's pulling away and I'm wondering what the hell ? Well I missed a shift, so I hurridley made sure I got it in gear and let out the clutch. But guess what I forgot ? The whole time , (which was actually a few seconds) may hand had not released the grip on the throttle. So I had a whole bunch when I let that clutch out ! And up she went big time ! Yee Ha ! LOL
Scared the living $hit right out of me ! :yes2: That wasnt the bad part !
I hear on the intercom WHAT in the **** was that ?? Ooooooo my bride was not a happy camper ! LOL I slowly turned the volume down so I couldn't hear. LOL :s27:

G

·
0 Posts
enjoy but just don't ever say it happened becuase of the all the weight on the back :shock: cost me a lot of jewelry to get over that one

·
Registered
846 Posts
With 2 people on the bike, the front wheel will come off the ground easily. It's not so easy to do it with just the operator on the front seat unless you accelerate real hard in 1st gear and give a good tug back on the handlebars.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I can just simply roll along fast enough to maintain traction, then snap the wrist and up she comes. Don't get to do that with Mikey on, but it seems to be a crowd pleaser in front of the local Harley hang outs. Or better yet if you can get one to make the mistake and think he wants to race, I let them have the first bike length then snap the throttle, and drive by in the air. Gotta love it as long as the LEO'S aren't close by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts