GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bash was nice enough to let me borrow his extra wheel/CT(Pirelli [email protected]). It was really strange at first, steering felt heavy but stable. I started off with turning some circles in the driveway, I was immediately was turning as sharp if not more so than with the MT.

I went out for a test on familiar roads, curves took a little more countersteer, the faster I went less steering input was needed. It didnt take long before I was able to keep my usual speed/pace. I didnt even come close to crashing or going up flames. I rode a total of 60 miles and was convinced that the Darkside was in my very near future.

If a woreout tire was that good, I cant wait to ride a new one.

Do you think Bash would notice if I swapped my moto tire for his CT when he wasnt watching?:shrug::joke:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Bash was nice enough to let me borrow his extra wheel/CT(Pirelli [email protected]). It was really strange at first, steering felt heavy but stable. I started off with turning some circles in the driveway, I was immediately was turning as sharp if not more so than with the MT.

I went out for a test on familiar roads, curves took a little more countersteer, the faster I went less steering input was needed. It didn't take long before I was able to keep my usual speed/pace. I didn't even come close to crashing or going up flames. I rode a total of 60 miles and was convinced that the Darkside was in my very near future.

If a worn out tire was that good, I can't wait to ride a new one.

Do you think Bash would notice if I swapped my moto tire for his CT when he wasn't watching?:shrug::joke:
Um, yes!

Glad you enjoyed your 'free trial'. You're one of the few that actually had enough of an open mind to find out for yourself, instead of just believing what the naysayers believe.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: Another no crash and burn. :yes1::thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
No crashing, no burning? Well you must have been doing something wrong! Everyone knows you can't put a . . . :lol::lol::lol: Oh golly, Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No crashing, no burning? Well you must have been doing something wrong! Everyone knows you can't put a . . . :lol::lol::lol: Oh golly, Welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I guess Ill have to keep trying until I get it right :lol:

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
See if Bash is cool enough to treat you at Hickies to celebrate!
Congrats on the decision.

Even better, the Scioto Ribber. :lol:

Congrats and welcome to the darkside, drn151!

:congrats:
Unfortunately Ribbers dosn't know real ribs.............but what they sub for ribs are great. Shoot, have Bash pick up the tab at both places.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
OK it's on me! Let's go! Glad to read your post Don. Yes, you'll really like a new tire! New shoes always feel so good!

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
not to be picky but..
except for the Pirelli, most NEW car tires do feel better than worn ones.
.. I said "except for the Pirelli"..

THAT one particular tire feels best after you get about five or six thousand miles on it.
..prior to that, it has a moderately annoying tail wag when you ride over grated bridges or grooved highways..
(my opinion is, once you get the edges ground down, the tail wag gets less)

my two cents,
Dennis

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I never noticed that the Pirelli gets better (how could it?) but I loaned my used up one to a guy who then decided for sure to go to the Darkside. I still think my Pirelli's have all been at their best from the start.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
I never noticed that the Pirelli gets better (how could it?) but I loaned my used up one to a guy who then decided for sure to go to the Darkside. I still think my Pirelli's have all been at their best from the start.
if I never rode on grated bridges or grooved highways, I would agree..
..but I do, so I won't.
;-)

Dennis

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Bash, wish I had to time to let you take me back to Hickies. Is that the BBQ place we went to at the first Darksiders meet?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Paul you're thinking of The Scioto Ribber.......ribs and steaks.

Hickies is a little burger joint in New Boston Ohio on US 52 just east of Portsmouth. Some kind of good! :22yikes:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
drn151,

Welcome to the evil empire known as the Darkside!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Banned
939 Posts
... the faster I went less steering input was needed. It didnt take long...
Faster is better? Excellent! Sonds like a fun shakedown ride.

Guess them MT and CT do have something in common, faster.

Did you get a chance to ride it over a gravel road, or different road surfaces?

The more I read about the CT, it sounds like you just got to make that tire do what you want it to do and she will make it happen.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Paul you're thinking of The Scioto Ribber.......ribs and steaks.

Hickies is a little burger joint in New Boston Ohio on US 52 just east of Portsmouth. Some kind of good! :22yikes:
Yep it am. Just never admit it's your first time there, right Bash?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A Hickies Virgin!!!!!!! and they'll yell it to everyone in the place!:eek:4:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts