GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my story. I have been riding my first goldwing an 83 gl1100 for about 7 years now. I have found out that some parts are no longer made and you have to think outside of the box to keep riding. While talking to other bikers there was one guy talking about putting car tires on a motorcycle. That sounded very odd to me at the time. So I would ask him about a million questions every time we would meet. I love to learn new and different ways on how to fix problems on bikes. Just last week I rode home my first gl1800. I then called this guy up and told him that I needed new tires. He asked if I wanted to go to the Darkside or Double Darkside. So after a million or more questions on what the heck was the Double Darkside. I told him that if I went to a pool that I would not just put my toe in I would jump all the way in. Double Dark for me please. This weekend the tires came in and we put them on the bike. He told me to take it down the road and see how it feels. Away I went it felt great. I did not blow up in a ball of fire and the world did not end. I am sorry that my first post is so long but I had to tell someone that knows the feeling. I also want to thank all of you on this site for the information that you share. I do have a question for you. Where and When do you get the cookies? And may I have a number Please?

Michelin Pilot Activ Rear
Dunlop Sport 5000 195-60-16

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
:congrats: on first post,Darkside, and wanting cookies ;) now instructions for Darkside cookie retrieval. First point bike north,ride to Wi. than knock on my door after a few days notice and than eat,smile at make that yumm sound:thumbup: easy peasy Murgie issues numbers and TJranch has stickers for too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:congrats: Welcome to the darkside!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!

As you become more familiar with the nuances you just enjoy it more.

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:congrats: and Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Now be truthful about your first ride. Wasn't it a whole lot easier and better than a root canal!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
RRP2,

The world changes one person at a time. Glad you made the switch and lived to tell the tale!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the welcomes.

·
Registered
631 Posts
#1075 Wow! the numbers just keep going higher, and thats only people that even know about this site. It wasn't that long ago I was issued #806.
Enjoy the new shoes! And good luck trying to wear one out!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Welcome to the Dark Side and welcome to the forum. You will enjoy the company, the ribbing and all the information you can get here.

:congrats:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts