GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not going to gnash my teeth and beat my breast and say I was wounded greviously here. All I'm going to do is list the items I found wrong after having my tires changed at the local dealer.

1. Both rubber washers on left side of the front fender were not reinstalled. (Made them order new ones)
2. Replaced one of the fender screws with a corroded rusty one and wrong length for position. (Made them order new one)
3. Lost both front and rear air valve caps for tires. (Bought my own)
4. Dots on tires were not installed near air valves.
5. Initially wanted to charge me $110 per tire. Told them flat out NO. Dropped price to $40 per tire.

Now some might say I'm anal but those 5 items are enough to convince me to not use this dealer again. Thing is he's 1/4 mile from my house. Just seems like they would want to get and keep my business instead of drive me away. Oh well!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Did you start this thread to warn others of the crummy, un-named dealer or to vent?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My local dealer charges $80 an hour labor. I bet he pays the kid changing tires $15-$20 per hour. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Sucks

That sucks shelling out $$$ for that kinda service or shall we say lack of!:eek:4:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you start this thread to warn others of the crummy, un-named dealer or to vent?
Not to be rude but I don't see that it makes a difference. If you wish an answer then I'd have to say it was for both. Hope that helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts