GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After suffering sticker shock from the price of eyeglasses, I decided to take my chances on line. Another member had recommended Zenni optical a while back. After having my exam locally I submitted my order on 10 January. There was a minor problem with my order, but that was resolved on 14 January. They advertise a two week time frame to receive glasses. I waited three weeks and still no glasses.
I sent two e-mails, no response. I tried to call their toll free number and their mailbox was full, so I was unable to leave a message.
Their other number which is a pay number is invalid. I went on line to see what I could find out and apparently there are quite a few others in the same boat. So I don't know if I will ever see any glasses or not. When time runs it's course, I will contact my c/c company and see if I can get a refund. Meanwhile, I have been Zonked.

·
Registered
813 Posts
After suffering sticker shock from the price of eyeglasses, I decided to take my chances on line. Another member had recommended Zenni optical a while back. After having my exam locally I submitted my order on 10 January. There was a minor problem with my order, but that was resolved on 14 January. They advertise a two week time frame to receive glasses. I waited three weeks and still no glasses.
I sent two e-mails, no response. I tried to call their toll free number and their mailbox was full, so I was unable to leave a message.
Their other number which is a pay number is invalid. I went on line to see what I could find out and apparently there are quite a few others in the same boat. So I don't know if I will ever see any glasses or not. When time runs it's course, I will contact my c/c company and see if I can get a refund. Meanwhile, I have been Zonked.
My personal experience is the same as yours. I returned some goggles to be remade under warranty in mid December 2008. I finally received them today (February 3, 2009). The quality of the product and price is very good, however, they suffer in the customer service area. To date, I have purchased 7 pair of glasses from them. I am happy with the glasses, but hate the "No customer service". I am awaiting 3 pair of glasses now.

Back to your situation....just be patient, the glasses will eventually arrive. I think they have been overwhelmed by new clients. It almost make me think that the glasses are being made overseas.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that, I did receive a response to my e-mail tonight.
They tell me they left Hong Kong on 21 January and should arrive in a few days. I can't wait.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Thanks to this board, I have made 2 seperate orders (4 pair total) from Zenni. Great pricing, although not made in America. Too high tech for us to make that cheap I guess. :roll:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I had a pair of sunglasses and clear glasses made by them. Neither pair lasted more than a couple of months, very poor quality frames. That's not a mistake I'll be making again.

JMHO

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
After buying 2 pair and having them break within months all I can say is, "Are you really saving any money?"

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I've ordered 6 pair from them and I am totally happy with every one of them. I still have the first pair I ordered about 3 years ago...in fact, I am wearing them right now as I am writing this reply.

But, I didn't buy the cheap $8.00 frames....I bought the real expensive $29 frames. In fact, I think the highest price I have paid for a complete pair is $49.00 and those are bifocals.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I bought three pair and two pair were incorrectly ground. Long story, but never got a refund. I'm back to suffering sticker shock.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I had to bite the bullet and buy glasses here in the good ole USA. Trifocals= $275 and that is for 1 pair. It hurts but at least I can see better!

Now I will know what you all look like! LOL

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
If I buy via online I use American Express. And if I do not get what I ordered I reverse charges. Only a few issues in 25 years. They have always reversed disputes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My glasses arrived today. I am satisfied at this point, especially
since the total cost was $42.85 vs. $235. at Sam's. I'll see how they hold up over the long haul.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I had to bite the bullet and buy glasses here in the good ole USA. Trifocals= $275 and that is for 1 pair. It hurts but at least I can see better!

Now I will know what you all look like! LOL
WOW! That could be real scary. :eek:4:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts