1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from this month's MCN:

Increasing GL Security

Here's a tip for increasing your security:

Before shutting off the engine, throw the bike in reverse, then shut off the engine, so the rear wheel is locked and the bike will not move. And with the front wheel locked, the bike is pretty secure. Add a motion alarm and it will be extremely difficult to steal. This trick can also be used as a parking lock on an extreme incline.

So, useful tip or old news?

or...is it easier just to park it next to a Harely?

·
Chard Member
13,054 Posts
Old News to some of us, but probably fresh news to others. LOL!!

Might not be smart to lock into reverse parked downhill!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Welcome s wing ! Naw thats pretty good input ! Heck don't be afraid to jump in and just shoot the bull sometime. Heck I do it on the off topic board all of the time. Thats what it's for. :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
ShaaaWING said:
Before shutting off the engine, throw the bike in reverse, then shut off the engine, so the rear wheel is locked and the bike will not move.
Sorta hard to get it up onto the center stand after doin' that! :a13: But, yeah, that's a good trick.

And with the front wheel locked, the bike is pretty secure.
However, I would advise against using a front rotor lock to lock the front wheel. Too much of a chance for major damage should you forget it. Or, perhaps you meant the steering lock? :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i understand the need for security

and your plan would work well

but if i had to go through all that to park my bike, i would either move or ride the bus

loren

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've been using the reverse trick for 2 years. Works great!

Welcome to the board, Shaaawing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts