GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a 2001 1800 and thought that I would do my first service instead of letting my local Honda shop do it.

Well, thanks to all the tips and advice given on this great forum, I managed an oil & oil filter change. All the spark plugs and the front brake pads.

I was so pleased when I'd finished and must have saved myself a bit of dosh. (cash, money, whatever you want to call it acorss the pond), and learnt a lot about my bike.

So many thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Best wishes, Dave.

·
Registered
989 Posts
:thumbup: Your one up on me...don't like working on brakes!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all,

I've got a 2001 1800 and thought that I would do my first service instead of letting my local Honda shop do it.

Well, thanks to all the tips and advice given on this great forum, I managed an oil & oil filter change. All the spark plugs and the front brake pads.

I was so pleased when I'd finished and must have saved myself a bit of dosh. (cash, money, whatever you want to call it acorss the pond), and learnt a lot about my bike.

So many thanks everyone and keep up the good work.

Best wishes, Dave.
Yes there's a good feeling of satisfaction successfully accomplishing a task DIY when you make the effort to learn something new. Saving money is a bonus. Glad for you it sounds like everything went well.

Now lets debate riding on the right or wrong side of the road, shall we?

Just kidding! :joke:

Regards.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whichever country you're driving in, you are driving on the right side of the road. The safe side.:cop2:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Whichever country you're driving in, you are driving on the right side of the road. The safe side.:cop2:
Now that's a good comeback.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Congrats on performing your own service! I just finished doing a whole host of scheduled maintenance items on my 1800 in preparation for an 8,000 mile trip. I figured I saved myself $600 to $800 in labor charges and I know it was done and done correctly. :yes1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts