GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2610 and did a trip with it to Orlando in the car. Unit worked pretty much flawlessly. I was impressed with all it did for me. Getting off route and re-calculating is wonderful. We had to get off the highway hust east of Orlando and go surface streets to avoid a jam, but She got us to where we were supposed to be right on time!

Overall impression - Great unit, very easy to use!

Thanks Ron Bien & LuckyWilber.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Chef, now that is a new name for "Bitching Betty". LOL's Sounds like you have gotten yourself a very useful "toy" GPS unit. The more you use it and get comfortable with it the more benefits you will find owning it.

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
Yeah, my wife marvels in that will listen to her over the wife......well duh!

I can piss off BB in that she has to recalculate several times... :?

On my 2720 she sounds very exasperated when she recalculates....almost as she going to come out and say, "fine, do it your damm self".... :x :x :x

I love it.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
When I read the initial post, I had the same reaction as KYBLUE, except that she sounds more and more exasperated each time I make her recalculate.

The voice also reminded me of a thought I had when the Japanese cars first added voice alerts to their cars. If they had a sense of humor, they would have used the volice of Tokyo Rose!

·
Registered
883 Posts
My wife & Granddaughter used our 2720 this past summer.....Granddaughter named her "Mouthy Martha"

kyblue, you're correct she sounds pretty pi$$ed when she has to recaluculate :!:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Its funny...i read this post and took my Garmin 2720 out to test the recalculation pi$$ed factor of Jill....IT DOES SOUND LIKE SHE GETS ANNOYED!!! :lol:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea, I know what you mean. She can get to you. The unit needs a pause button to push when you get off the Interstate. I did put the British version on because she isn't as offensive as the American one. Or at least that's the way I hear it.
Don Pittillo
2004 White GL1800 Lehman Trike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts