GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a long time, no see, friend this evening. The first thing he said after hello was, "Hey, I'm a Goldwinger" now. I picked it up last Friday".

I don't think he understands the heavy responsibility that goes with that. He needs to be informed.

1. Weigh himself today.

2. Ride to Moonshine, IL. for a hamburger.

3 Wet the front tire in the Atlantic, the Pacific, and the Gulf of Mexico all in the same year.

4. Ride the Dragon.

5. Ride Mt. Evans road.

6. After all that, Weigh again. If he's gained 20 pounds, then he can call himself a "Goldwinger".

Feel free to add any other requirements I overlooked.......... I'll forward them to him................

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Wouldn't that be wet the front tire in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico all in the same trip? :biker::clap2:;-)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
stopping at a DQ at least once a day! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Wouldn't that be wet the front tire in the Atlantic, Pacific, and Gulf of Mexico all in the same trip? :biker::clap2:;-)
Actually, I think, on the same trip: be the Atlantic (New England area), the Gulf of Mexico on his way to the Pacific :agree:then swing through the great state of Alaska (something about doing something in the Yukon River)

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
He must learn to revere Honda as the answer to all of his dreams. Always lie about how happy he is with his Goldwing, even when the front tire wobbles; when the alternator whines so loud, you think it is going to explode; when a future frame cracks; when he pays over $700 for a CB and antennae (which is $60 technology); and the list goes on. If he can learn to adjust to these above, then, and only then, is he a traditional "Goldwinger"...

·
Registered
645 Posts
To be a "Goldwinger" --- I'm doing the :popcorn: thing for this one.

I own a Goldwing. (2004 Titanium)
I ride a Goldwing. (110,000 miles on this one)
I sevice a Goldwing. (Read recent Posts)
I read Goldwing Forums. (I'm here ain't I?)
But,

I'm from California, does that disqualify me?

Just some food for thought.

Cheers!

http://www.jimnlyn.com

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Somebody is not a happy camper :shrug:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Buy a Harley. That should take care of the alternator whine. You'll never hear it( or much of anything else an hour after the ride):roll::joke:

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
But, I'm from California, does that disqualify me?
Why would that disqualify you? :shrug: In the early 80's I recall my brother-in-law taking me for a quick :!: ride on one (I think it was an 1100?). At the time, there was quite a bit of family living over in your neck of the woods, Jim, so, no, I do know other Wingers from Calif. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the Dragon to anyone, rode it once and that was enough, some of those guy's don't know what the center line is for.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
6. After all that, Weigh again. If he's gained 20 pounds, then he can call himself a "Goldwinger".

Feel free to add any other requirements I overlooked.......... I'll forward them to him................

Dang!!! Guess I'll have to go back to my Kasawaki (granddaughter's pronunciation), as I need to lose 35#. :lol:

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the Dragon to anyone, rode it once and that was enough, some of those guy's don't know what the center line is for.
Although this is a blatent hijack of a thread....

3 rips through the Dragon starting 8AM on Tuesday, middle of September 2008, saw 1 car and met 3 bikes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts