GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that if I was going to give my garage a bike and automobile theme, I wanted it to be my own family motor vehciles. It took me about 6 months to scout out family pictures of cars dating all the way back to my dad's 1926 Chandler (He called it "Midnight Stroller.") I also found pictures of my previous motorcycles. I scanned or processed all of the photos, then had them blown up to poster size and framed them. One picture is a montage of smaller photos of other cars and trucks from over the years that have been in our immediate family. I also framed pics from some motorcycle trips with my wife.

I stop and look at these pictures every day. Every time I'm in the garage.

The guy with blue 1956 Mercury is my uncle, the day he brought his new car home.

I hope you enjoy seeing my historic family picture museum.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
VERY nice.............:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Jan,

Anybody with a garage like that has got to have a sick mind. How the hell can you possibly keep a garage so neat and tidy. I mean, really! I can only wish that before I die, I will have a garage looking that nice. If I could only get my wife to stop throwing her junk out there. Yep, it's all her fault!

Looks great, Jan. I truly envy ya. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Nice looking garage you have there!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Very nice. Nice job on the water heater too.

Kit

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Nice looking "garage" ... but to me, that's not a garage. It's a "display case"... so, nice job on your display case!! I do like the idea of the pics ... I think I might do that too ... but they'll be hung in my home office/computer room. My garage will continue to be a workshop/storage area and it shore ain't that clean or purdy LOL

·
Registered
847 Posts
Wow, very nice show case! Great color on the GW as well.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Wow! You do nice work. Sure puts my new steel barn to shame.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
That would be the garage where the cars are parked. There is another garage where they are worked on. At least that is what my fathers place is.

Nice job decorating.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be the garage where the cars are parked. There is another garage where they are worked on. At least that is what my fathers place is.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You went to a lot of work, but for me it's an overkill. I have an office and den for pictures. I use my garage as a garage. No disrespect, to each their own.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I still need to GET a garage. I've added on to the house three times now, and THIS time, it's a garage, dammit! I have a "half garage" now, concrete floor, electric, toolboxes and air compressor..... but no friggin room to work on things. I'm just jealous :bow:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts