GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm on day 3 of 6 on my way out to Washington State and my GL2Way stopped working. It will not pass any audio from the CB or GPS. For a while it would come back on for a minute or two if I shut the bike down and restarted it. But it eventually died all together.

I'm hoping it's something simple because I really don't want to tear into the bike out in the motel parking lot.

Maybe Pete will come on with the answer.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Hello All,
I'm on day 3 of 6 on my way out to Washington State and my GL2Way stopped working. It will not pass any audio from the CB or GPS. For a while it would come back on for a minute or two if I shut the bike down and restarted it. But it eventually died all together.

I'm hoping it's something simple because I really don't want to tear into the bike out in the motel parking lot.

Maybe Pete will come on with the answer.
Hi Jim

Sorry your having trouble I think you may be thwarted sounds like the voltage regulator has died unless your real good with a soldering iron we need to get our hands on it as it will take about 5 minutes to fix.

We are en-route to the WIng Ding as I type and will be in Knoxville all week send me an email ASAP with your number or give me a call at the office on Tuesday (we will have the phones on divert by then) and lets see what we can work out to get you running ASAP

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim

Sorry your having trouble I think you may be thwarted sounds like the voltage regulator has died unless your real good with a soldering iron we need to get our hands on it as it will take about 5 minutes to fix.

We are en-route to the WIng Ding as I type and will be in Knoxville all week send me an email ASAP with your number or give me a call at the office on Tuesday (we will have the phones on divert by then) and lets see what we can work out to get you running ASAP
Hello Pete,
Thanks for responding.

I sent you my cell phone number by PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts