GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is the scope.... Started right up (as always)....about 1/2 mile down the road is a stop sign.... Down shifted, down shifted lower...pull the clutch and the bike just dies.... I stop (only oil light is on), hit the starter.....starts right up and OK since.... Any suggestion other then I run over some a gremlin? :eek:4: No lights before or after,........:-(

·
Registered
396 Posts
He is the scope.... Started right up (as always)....about 1/2 mile down the road is a stop sign.... Down shifted, down shifted lower...pull the clutch and the bike just dies.... I stop (only oil light is on), hit the starter.....starts right up and OK since.... Any suggestion other then I run over some a gremlin? :eek:4: No lights before or after,........:-(
Bad gas?

Please, no jokes about what he had for lunch.

I had a similar thing happen one day months and many miles ago. I haven't had a reoccurance since, but it scared the crap out of me that day. I chalked it up to bad gas.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad gas?

Please, no jokes about what he had for lunch.

I had a similar thing happen one day months and many miles ago. I haven't had a reoccurance since, but it scared the crap out of me that day. I chalked it up to bad gas.
I put about 2 1/2 gallons on Sunday. Half tank left now with no issues....
I looked at idle at another stop and the needle vent down to about 300 before coming back up to correct idle..... next stop nothing....:shrug:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Do you know how to do an ECM reset? Start the bike, leave it running without touching the throttle until the fans come on. This reset may do you some good, as the idle speed should be adjusted by the ECM. It may have alzheimers and have forgotten something it is supposed to remember...:eek:4:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts