GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta read this article about the world's fastest lawnmower, and its a Honda. You'll see that its faster than Goldwing motorcycles.

mean-mower-660-116.jpg

Honda’s UK division has set a lawn mower top speed record at 116.57 mph.
Not with one of its showroom models, but a custom “Mean Mower” that’s powered by the 1.0-liter engine from a Honda motorcycle that makes it nearly seven times more powerful than the factory machine it’s based on.

Full story here:
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/04/02/honda-sets-lawn-mower-top-speed-record/

·
Banned
792 Posts
The stupid things that money is spent on never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Number one: stupid is subjective.
Number two: I would take one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
54 Posts
mower

HiYa Y'All,
Obviously, a "CUT" above the rest...
WINGZ
:roll:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I was listening to this topic on the radio. Previous record holder is a single person, not backed by a company. He also used lawn mower parts because he wanted the fastest "lawn mower", not a fully engineered piece of equipment that has the skin of a lawn mower.

He was in the 90's, and Honda only did 116 or something like that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lawnmower

I would love to be able to brag to my friends that I had a lawnmower faster than their Harleys.

Ed

·
Registered
654 Posts
But more importantly, How good is it at cutting the grass?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
I've been mowing lawns since I was 10 years old. We're scheduled to move to Lake Havasu city at the end of the month. Needless to say, my mowing days are FINALLY OVER, YAHOOOOOOOO. But, just about everything is street legal over there. So, I'd take one of those to run down and get a quart milk just so I could blow off those dumb a$$ Razors and alike. That thing is cool. Who cares if it can mow or not.
Scott

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
Honda story was pretty cool, :thumbup:so was the Snapper story but it was pretty disappointing when they didn't show it actually jumping 22 cars :cry:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
The stupid things that money is spent on never ceases to amaze me.
There are a lot of people in cars that say the same thing every time they come across a motorcycle on the road.

Just imagine how boring life would be if we only built things that were practical. Besides that, the free advertising for the Honda nameplate probably made it worth every penny, and was probably cheaper.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Would it not be fun to prank the police department with on of these? Have it set up with the chief of police to send a cruiser out on a complaint from a neighbor. Be on the road when he gets there taking it easy, when he gets out of his car to talk to you start down the road again. Then when he comes up behind you with lights a flashing, hammer down and take him on a 100mph chase!

·
Registered
525 Posts
SOMEONE NEEDS TO INFORM THE DUCK DYNASTY FOLKS....:lol:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Honda story was pretty cool, :thumbup:so was the Snapper story but it was pretty disappointing when they didn't show it actually jumping 22 cars :cry:

Hopefully your joking??????? Because the 22 cars was. 22 matchbox cars is what was jumped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts