GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Got the Kuhmo installed on the Wing today, still have melting snow and mud,( 55 degrees today ) in my driveway ( a 1/4 mile to the main road from my house )
I laid it over on its' side on a 2x8's, one on the front bar and one for the rear bag protector and placed some pieces of carpet as protection.
Had to use my floor jack on the center stand to raise the rear a bit to get the rear tire off the garage floor. The moto tire slid right out. I had to spray some silicone on a rag and coat the inner fender and the sides of the C.T, slid in with no problem
I started it and ran it back and forth in my garage 24 ft. wide 64 ft. long, do I qualify for a number, huh,???????? ;) :bow:
Rich K ( WingSki )

·
Registered
796 Posts
That's just sad....I'm sorry you have to wait so long for your smiles. BUT, congratulations, welcome. I look forward to your words after some miles on the road. I'm not passing out numbers, but I would say you qualify. Glad to have you on the darkside.:congrats:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome the membership only keeps getting larger, that tells me that we are up to something great. Enjoy the better ride and safty that the c/t brings you :thumbup::cool:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
20 Posts
All Smiles

WingSki just wait till you get the chance to go for a good ride. I just got back from a 3 hr ride on my new Perilli and I could not be happier. I hope you have the same experience. I don't know about NJ but here in Northern Md and Southern PA where I ride there was alot of cinders on the roads from the winter ice and snow we have been having so be careful. ENJOY!!!:congrats:

DARKSIDER # 286

·
Smoky
1,190 Posts
WingSki,
:congrats: ! You're a rebel now :twisted: !
Welcome to the enlightened "DARKSIDE" :thumbup: ! Once you get it out of the garage............you'll really love it :yes1: !

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks,
It will have to wait till next week when we get some rain, that will wash away the salt that is on the roads around here. I have seen the damage salt does to a motorcycle.
My friend rode Polar bear for many years with his bikes ( Wing, Rune, VTX, and his 502 Boss ). I did all of the maintenence on them for him. I showed him what the salt does to the bike, when he saw it he said, :22yikes:, he stopped riding polar .
I am # 287, I will wear it proudly
Rich K ( WingSki )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts