GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Powersports here in Clearwater. I ask the parts manager(?) if he could help me get rid of the miserable Metzlers tires I bought back in Nov? He asked me if I wanted to go back to the Bridgestones and I said YES! He then said, the tires would be here tomorrow and when would I like to trade them out!

I have had great service with these Guy's. Even when they had my '01 for 33 days for repair! (That was Honda's fault) Maybe I get treated right because I try my best to treat them right. I never demand anything from them. They do know when I have a case of the raw behind though! LOL... I vent toward Honda, not them!

Thanks again to the Guy's at Powersports of Clearwater!

Special thanks to Rick, Shawn, & Kevin!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Apex Sports in Colorado Springs

Red, sorry the Metz did not work out. I know my dealer had to swap out a couple of them because they were out of round in the sidewall. But boy, once you have a good set they are an amazing tire. I just love the way they wear and handle.

And you are right about some dealers. I always go to Apex Sports here in Colorado Springs and they really treat me well. And, I always treat them well also. Amazing what mutual respect can do. Being a s..thead with these guys doesn't get you anywhere.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I'm on my second set of front Metzeler's and my third rear set and I love these tires....................I wouldn't consider anything else that's curently available.
Long tire wear, respectable performance, and nice ride!
No problems here.................

IMHO You must of got a bum set...........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Jeff's Phone Number

Does anyone have Jeff's phone number at Metz/Perrelli. Metz was due to replace my front tire in Dec (bad wobble), yet I haven't heard from them, and can't get an email response from Jeff. I need to call him and find out the status of the replacement. Wobble seems to be getting worse.
But, I agree, overall I love the tires. Just got one of the bad front ones that they had made for awhile.
Thanks
Howard

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The last number that I show for Jeff is: 706-368-5826. Hope it's still good.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Waiting no longer for the Metzler's

I ordered my Metzler’s on October 20, 2003 – yesterday I ordered a set of Bridgestone’s from Hal – couldn’t wait any longer. Thought I was ordering the tire's with plenty of time to spare.

The OEM Dunlop’s should have been replaced a couple thousand miles ago. Been waiting and waiting for the Metzler’s as I’ve heard some good things about them. Can’t be riding around with “racing slicks” on my Gold Wing. Maybe the Avon’s will be ready when I wear out the Bridgestone’s.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I must admit I'm underwhelmed with the Metz I put on the front of mine. It has had a decel wobble from day one, and the local dealer I bought it from didn't want to deal with Metzler or me. So, now I don't deal with either of them, either. I purchased a set of Dunlops from Hal, they're in the garage for when I can't stand the Metz junk any longer and trash it. I keep thinking of the old saying "once, shame on you, twice, shame on me". My bike won't see a Metz twice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree. The wobble is getting down right annoying, and I can't get any type of response from Metz on the problem. It's not worth it. Guess I'll just go back to the Lops. Didn't really have a complaint with them. Just thought with a premium tire, I'd see premium service.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bridgestones are back on my bike! I keep hearing everyone say that all the big bikes will wobble. Not! This one doesn't until I get about 11,000+ on the Stones. Steady as can be with the Stones on it.

The set of Metzlers I had was flat miserable. The wobble would be so violent at times I was afraid I was going to crash and burn. I could even feel the wobble pulling out from a stop.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Red, sounds just like the Sears tires that I've got on my minivan. Sears keeps telling me that my wheels are bent. Funny that it didn't do that before I put on their tires. They've got a good name....they really SEAR my butt! Never again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts