GL1800Riders Forums banner

My Mirror Got Decapitated!!!

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  tv5150 
#1 ·
Well I was hitting the interstate in this 110 degree heat. When all of the sudden my left mirror gets decapitated & is hanging by a wire!!! I pull off the interstate on to the shoulder & am thinking holy cow how could this be!!! I look down & realize my highway peg had came off & bounced up & took off the mirror!!! Well I am going to Rockies Gold & I don't have the $250 plus for the complete mirror assembly!!! So I have been looking on EBay & online, but not having much luck!!! So if anyone can help let me know.

Thanks Towdy

#7 ·
Well I was hitting the interstate in this 110 degree heat. When all of the sudden my left mirror gets decapitated & is hanging by a wire!!! I pull off the interstate on to the shoulder & am thinking holy cow how could this be!!! I look down & realize my highway peg had came off & bounced up & took off the mirror!!! Well I am going to Rockies Gold & I don't have the $250 plus for the complete mirror assembly!!! So I have been looking on EBay & online, but not having much luck!!! So if anyone can help let me know.

Thanks Towdy
Looks like black in the picture. You might want to clarify.
Seems a shame you must now buy the entire assembly. I bought housing from bike bandit for less than 50.00 less than a year ago.

#8 ·
Greetings!

If you don't mind doing paintwork then you can buy a mirror assembly of any color from a bike salvage yard or from E-Bay. Colorite has all the required paints (Primer, Base Color, Top Color, and Clearcoat) color matched to your bike's factory color code.

#9 ·
#10 ·

Thanks Towdy
Towdy.Is just the housing broken?
Or did the turn signal/glass get taken out too?.

Here is a Black Housing on fleabay for a good price.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLAC...4304582QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

#12 ·
#13 ·
I paid $23.40 for just the painted housings in 08.:thumbup:

Clearly you have no idea what they are selling for now a days.:eek:4:
$141 for just the housing or $231 for the whole mirror assembly. http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...y=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=12120
Rocky,

First of all my reply to this comment: I never mentioned in this thread that you could still get the housing for less than 50.00.

Additional comments: Have you ever said a positive thing about anything that anybody has ever posted? All I see is negative comments or you explaining others faults. I do see you posting brags about yourself and your greatness often.

You should change your ID from Rocky to, I Am the Man.

#14 ·
Mission Complete!!!

Ok, The Lord Provided!!! I got a $50 check from work for being there for 5 years & I found a red used one with a busted mirror for $35 bucks. My mechanic at my dealership swapped the guts out in under 10 minutes. Then he let me borrow a monster screwdriver so I could put it back on!!!

Thanks To All & God Bless!!!

#15 ·
Rocky,

First of all my reply to this comment: I never mentioned in this thread that you could still get the housing for less than 50.00.

Additional comments: Have you ever said a positive thing about anything that anybody has ever posted? All I see is negative comments or you explaining others faults. I do see you posting brags about yourself and your greatness often.

You should change your ID from Rocky to, I Am the Man.
I'll let your own words speak for themselves. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2317798#post2317798

#17 ·
#18 ·
Man rocky,cut the guy a break,you had to research his posts for 2 years to find that,you may be the most helpful guy around to other wing owners but i believe you sometimes go a little overboard stirring da pot :cool: OLE YELLER MBG PA
Excuse me,but that one ain't right.I didn't have to research anything,I had saved them quotes of his,because HE STALKS me.and these quotes of his show a pattern of his craziness.

What do you do with a guy who sends you PM's that make no sense?

Here are his most recent.(He has my permission to post my replies too.:thumbup:)
ss

What is d s
Bratwurst

Your good. I have gotten your emails and I must admit I am iimpressed. They have been traced back to you. Are you impressed? I suggest you stop them now. What say?

The man is confused-I have never sent him a email-just check his profile and you'll see there is no way to send him a email.:shrug:

I have no idea why he has chosen me to haunt,but it dates back to when he went off on Lamont some time ago and hasn't let it go since. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210245

I'm tired of his idiotic PM's too.

Now Steve.(batess6) I'll respond to your post.

What point or to the point.Why didn't you just help the OP with relevant information instead of saying you bought a housing for $50 last year."That helps him how?"

I posted my $23 cost to you as a so what. "that's not what inflation has them selling for now a days",and provided the OP a way to see what they cost through DLP.

I then helped him in a direct post to him after doing a search on ebay for a new housing for only $50 instead of the list price of $141.

So you see I do help more people than your mind will allow you to see clearly.

Good day!

#19 ·
Excuse me,but that one ain't right.I didn't have to research anything,I had saved them quotes of his,because HE STALKS me.and these quotes of his show a pattern of his craziness.

What do you do with a guy who sends you PM's that make no sense?

Here are his most recent.(He has my permission to post my replies too.:thumbup:)

The man is confused-I have never sent him a email-just check his profile and you'll see there is no way to send him a email.:shrug:

I have no idea why he has chosen me to haunt,but it dates back to when he went off on Lamont some time ago and hasn't let it go since. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210245

I'm tired of his idiotic PM's too.

Now Steve.(batess6) I'll respond to your post.

What point or to the point.Why didn't you just help the OP with relevant information instead of saying you bought a housing for $50 last year."That helps him how?"

I posted my $23 cost to you as a so what. "that's not what inflation has them selling for now a days",and provided the OP a way to see what they cost through DLP.

I then helped him in a direct post to him after doing a search on ebay for a new housing for only $50 instead of the list price of $141.

So you see I do help more people than your mind will allow you to see clearly.

Good day!
Rocky should no longer be Rocky but, I Am the Man. Perhaps I should post emails of his exploits in the new tunnel from AZ to LA. This quy is from ?

#20 ·
Ok, The Lord Provided!!! I got a $50 check from work for being there for 5 years & I found a red used one with a busted mirror for $35 bucks. My mechanic at my dealership swapped the guts out in under 10 minutes. Then he let me borrow a monster screwdriver so I could put it back on!!!

Thanks To All & God Bless!!!
Not sure how the lord provided...but great news.:thumbup:

#21 ·
Looks like black in the picture. You might want to clarify.
Seems a shame you must now buy the entire assembly. I bought housing from bike bandit for less than 50.00 less than a year ago.
You ain't buying one this year for that, they (bike bandit) only show the entire mirror and not just the housing approx $231-$236 for the whole shootin' works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.