GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I had my new Pirelli Eufori 195/55 R/16 RF and my new G709 installed on my wing. I also added centramatic ballancers and new chrome valve stems. I took the bike up to Lake Berryessa to get the tires scuffed up ( a rather spirited ride) I put about 65 miles on them and I have to say that I really like the CT! I was expecting the turns to be really forced and the lean angle to be very different, however to my surprise I could hardly tell much of a difference in the turns. The bike wanted to fall into the turns rather easily, and I felt really confident with the grip. The only time it feels really different is during the very slow turns under 5 mph that you notice the CT difference. It is not anything unnerving or anything...just something to get used to.

I had my doubts and skepticism about running a CT but I can honestly say so far I love it. Those of you on the fence wondering if you should, try it...you might be pleasantly surprised as I was.

Thanks to Trailsman for the talks about the tires etc. and for helping me with my decision to try them. I really appreciate it!

The centramatic balancers feel very smooth, I know they are new tires and they should be smooth, but just taking my hands off the bars at speed showed no shake what-so-ever that I had experienced before. I will elaborate further about the balancers as the tires wear more.

Glad to finally be part of the clan!:thumbup:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Welcome to the group, Mr. Wing.
MM

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
:congrats: amd enjoy your new found smooth ride. Darkside cookies are just to east of you for pick up. Yea 2000-2100 miles from ya but worth the trip. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Welcome to enlightened side of "Winging It". :yes1:

The Eufori/709 combo works very well together. Congrats on choosing the RF, too.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!:congrats::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!
Love your avatar :thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Paul suggested a very good combination to you that works very well together.I know I've tried a few different combinations and have always come back to what works best under my bike.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone I am really happy with the CT.

I am running 32 psi on it and 41 on the G709... Is that what everyone else is running around?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I wore the center out on the Pirelli [email protected] at 32 so I run 28-30 now but my wife and I weight less than 250lbs together.

I got 10k out of my 709 at 38psi. I'm trying the current one at 40psi to see how that works. I've ridden fronts between 36 and 41 and they all provided adequate traction and ride for me so now I'm just trying some long wear tests.

Thanks everyone I am really happy with the CT.

I am running 32 psi on it and 41 on the G709... Is that what everyone else is running around?

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
By the looks of your avatar that Pirelli Eufori gets some damn good traction.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
By the looks of your avatar that Pirelli Eufori gets some damn good traction.

uh, you did notice that that is a 1500 climbing for the sky?

:wrong:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE have fun with the new tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts