GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Musselman's called me at work today and said my bike was ready to pick up. They were nice enough to stay late so she is setting in my garage as I type. It was too late to take a photo by the time I got home so pics to follow.

It was sweet riding the short ride home. This is the first long work week I've had in ages. Oh well, I should be able to do a couple of hundred miles or so Sunday.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
821 Posts
:congrats: on your new bike, I know you are ready to put some fun miles on it, Ride safe and get to know her.

·
Registered
858 Posts
:congrats: The love story begins.....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on getting it home.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys,

It was late by the time I finished the paper work so all I rode was the 6 or 7 miles from Musselman's to the house. Needless to say I didn't sleep much last night....should'a just got up and gone for a ride....Early this AM I threw Ms.Bubba on the back and we made a run over Gates Pass and Picture Rock. All I can say is WOW, who would have ever thunk that a 900 lb bike ridden two-up was flickable. I think I'm in love but then you'll knew that it would be that way

·
Registered
456 Posts
You done real good.....as good as me!:congrats:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
No pix ? Didn't happen ! .....:lol::lol:

Good Job...enjoy , be safe !

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
That happens to all of us as soon as we threw our leg over the wing the first time. just had to get home and show it off and admire it and sleep with it and keep it company till a ride happens and then presto. gone into wing world never to return
congradulations

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Great!! Finally got a good ride.:congrats:

·
Registered
76 Posts
:congrats:I have one my self.. just last week.. 09 titanium and really have enjoyed the ride.. only have 400 miles.. i know im a slacker.. but it rained 2 days that I was off..next tuesday will getting the oil changed to full synth.. looking forward to rides later.. I really do like the ride.. was highly impressed..

Otters... aka Fluffy

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally had time to photo the new Wing.

We did a short ride up Mt. Lemmon yesterday....what a great handling bike, I was behind slow drivers most of the way and riding 2 up so I could not really push her. Biggest difference was how light and yet anchored she felt vs. the V2K.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats!!

Congratulations on the new wing. She's a beauty. :congrats:

I got mine 3 weeks ago and haven't been on the BMW since. ;)

By the way, your picture reminds me of a thought I had last spring as I rode through Arizona. I remended myself that Tucson would not be the place to start a new lawnmower sales and repair business. :cool:

Lewis

1 - 20 of 37 Posts