GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm riding up to chatanooga tenn next friday to pick up my first ever goldwing. i'm trading in my 2007 suzuki bandit. i'm happy with the deals hey've made me over the phone. i've watched utubes, read threads and 4 sale stuff. but i just can't find out much about the bike--mechanical/service or otherwise. do all have reverse? does 2012 have reverse? i've got lots of questions i'm searching out. any volunteered information will mbe greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
May I suggest that you take some time and do some serious "study" of the bike before you spend the $$ a Wing costs? This is, at least for most of us, a Major investment. Be SURE this is "the" bike for you before you spend the $$. A Wing is a big, heavy touring motorcycle. It WILL be a world different than your suzi. Most here love their wings (I do) but it is NOT for everybody...

I'd suggest you read everything you can, and, if at all possible, RIDE a Wing before you buy. It will help you make an informed decision! Good luck and ride safe!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Yes they have a reverse. Now, where you are located, there are lots of board members in the area, and if they are of the caliber folks I think they are, it won't be long till you have a few invites to "see for yourself".
Wings are easy to do maintinence on, and a lot of other things. Some are time consuming, but after the plastic is off isn't bad.
A Bandit is a long way from a Wing. I hope you enjoy it. I would think that it would be a better transition than it was for me from cruisers.

Enjoy and :congrats:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
i'm riding up to chatanooga tenn next friday to pick up my first ever goldwing. i'm trading in my 2007 suzuki bandit. i'm happy with the deals hey've made me over the phone. i've watched utubes, read threads and 4 sale stuff. but i just can't find out much about the bike--mechanical/service or otherwise. do all have reverse? does 2012 have reverse? i've got lots of questions i'm searching out. any volunteered information will mbe greatly appreciated.
Congrats. Be sure to check the bike over very closely dealing with them, it's an assembly line, very large volume dealer. BTW, they also have a dealership in Orlando area, same prices. Good fortune to you. :yes1:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just left the jacksonville dealership. they would not come off the list price a dollar. they even went so far as to tell me that if i bought the wing in tennesse, i would have to take it back there to get it serviced. the salesman said their maintenance would not work on a goldwing purchased somewhere else.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If that's their attitude now???? Run as fast as you can out the door!!! You have a chance right now to break that engagement prior to the marriage.

There are other dealers that welcome you as a customer, whether you are a bike purchase customer or a maintenance customer or just an occasional visitor.

Regards,

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my deal was in chatanooga tenn. this full price dealer wsa local jacksonville.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i just left the jacksonville dealership. they would not come off the list price a dollar. they even went so far as to tell me that if i bought the wing in tennesse, i would have to take it back there to get it serviced. the salesman said their maintenance would not work on a goldwing purchased somewhere else.
Wow that's jacked up bigtime. I'd write a nice letter to Honda USA about your experience and be sure to share the dealers name on every forum I used. I'd also share my opinion of the dealership on local Craigslist. Of course don't ever bring a bike to them after that...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go For It

I'am on my 2nd wing , 1st was an 2008 , last week I picked up a 2012 I do like what Honda did to it.:bow:

·
Registered
307 Posts
You got a 2011? Better check that thing over real good. Honda did not make a 2011 Goldwing...

·
Registered
658 Posts
service after sales

@ Kitesurfer... I have taken my wing a few years ago to the dealership on Atlantic bv. Not my fav but the closest and they worked on it under warranty without issue.. that was a few years back so i really cant talk about today but the dealership in St Aug on US 1 will.. they are much friendlier to the customer.
Check with them on service.

I am thinking of a new wing in the near future and St Augustine will by my choice for warranty if I encounter any problems at the dealership on Atlantic. An yes they will not budge a nickel on their high prices.

Holler sometime to get together for a ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: on your new wing!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Got mine at Southern in Chattanooga also. No muss or fuss.

ps. Watch out for the reverse. Proximity sensors didn't work as they are supposed to, and the screen on the back-up camera monitor had a glare on it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That is a bluff and scare tactics. Buy the bike where you want to and take it to your local dealer as needed. They will take your money just like all other dealers. For all they'll know then, you just moved to FL. Honda will have something to say to them if they give you greif. Been there, done that.

I sent in a survey questionaire after a Wing purchase with some less than stellar comments about our local dealer and why I went outside the area to purchase the bike. I suspected that the survey card would go into File 13. When the survey card hit Honda, they call the dealership first, then called me to ask questions and explain their concern...that afternoon, the owner of the dealership called me, wanted to buy my lunch and find out what he needed to do to correct the situation. The owner seemed rattled but wasn't threatened by me...it came from someone who could do something about it.

I bought my subsequent Wing from the local dealer...at a great deal. A few weeks ago, I went and bought my kid a Honda 4-wheeler from the local dealer. The owner waited on me personally (I guess to avoid paying out a sales commision and was breaking his back doing so. Rock bottom dollar price with no haggle. He had just received his first shipment of 2012 Wings that day and told me that if I wanted to ride one, he'd get one serviced out for me to try. I declined as I didn't have time to wait but appreciated the offer. I've never gotten to test ride anything I've ever purchased from him...ever...and I've bought a few.

While doing the paper work on the 4-wheeler, the owner tried to give me a hand-full of Honda t-shirts...I told him,"save those for your good customers"...you should have seen the look on his face. Honda called me back about 6 weeks after the first phone call inquiring if we had our differences resolved....we did and we do. He is a changed man...at least as it relates to me.

Z

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats: on ur new ride, enjoy

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
aw....gee whiz. Did you atleast consider the offer in my earlier post:oops:

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy your new ride, and have many smiles of miles :congrats:
as far as that "we wont service it unless you bought it here" crap, I think thats a bunch of ...well, crap

:yes::yes: yahoo!! enjoy the ride :biker:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
:agree: :agree: :agree:

I miss my 03 Bandit 1200S... about once a month! :thumbup:

May I suggest that you take some time and do some serious "study" of the bike before you spend the $$ a Wing costs? This is, at least for most of us, a Major investment. Be SURE this is "the" bike for you before you spend the $$. A Wing is a big, heavy touring motorcycle. It WILL be a world different than your suzi. Most here love their wings (I do) but it is NOT for everybody...

I'd suggest you read everything you can, and, if at all possible, RIDE a Wing before you buy. It will help you make an informed decision! Good luck and ride safe!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts