GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Thanks to whoever ya feel to thank>>>

If you're bored you can read my product review for my HJC Carbon Fiber helmet that saved my life!

http://www.newenough.com/testimonials/show/2009/2/20/2011

It's short and sweet - enjoy!

:yes1:
Congratulations and Glad you survived that!!

Sure hope you got the salvage from that bike. Looks like some resale parts might be on your hands. For badness shall come the goodness!

Cheers brother.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations and Glad you survived that!!

Sure hope you got the salvage from that bike. Looks like some resale parts might be on your hands. For badness shall come the goodness!

Cheers brother.
Thanks Amigo!

The bike was gone to insurance company hell long before I was out of the horsepistol (3 months of serious un-fun), but we finally got the insurance check for the bike's actual worth, including all the add-ons I had on the bike.

Always keep a list of parts (including new tires), and the MSRP value you add to your bike(s)! Also the gear you wear ... jacket, pants, boots, helmet(s)....etc. - For insurance reasons.

Semper Paratus! (Always Ready!)

Doug

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Doug,

I sure am glad you're alright after that nasty incident last year....I hope the drunk driver is serving lots of time for his/her stupidity!

Are you going to the ride to the smokies in June?

Mark

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doug,

I sure am glad you're alright after that nasty incident last year....I hope the drunk driver is serving lots of time for his/her stupidity!

Are you going to the ride to the smokies in June?

Mark
Mark,

The drunk driver was T-Boned on the driver's side of his pick-up truck, and unfortunately later died as a result of his injuries. It hasn't been easy, but in my heart I have forgiven him.

I'm hoping we can make the Smokies trip, but I still have a ton of doctors, surgeries, and rehabs left. So if I'm not there I will be in spirit!

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
wife bought a closeout jacket from them and was happy with the item and price

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
hopefully u won't b putting any more equipment through tests like that !

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most unbiased review one can ever read. Glad you are ok!!
Thanks tourman!

I feel that all the prayers, and good wishes from everyone here, family, and friends helped pull me through the dark times.

Now it's time to focus all this good mojo Beverly's way! She's going to need as much positive energy we can send to now help her out her dark times.

:thumbup:

cycledude said - hopefully u won't b putting any more equipment through tests like that !
I hear you! No more safety gear testing for me! Too freakin painful! LOL!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've always had a good shopping experience with New Enough. I would buy everything from them, if only they CARRIED everything.....Nolan and Olympia are the biggest names that come to mind.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm saddened that someone lost their life in the event but am very glad it wasn't you. So much to be said for gear and a little luck. Can't imagine what you've gone through but it has turned out to be a survivor story and that's the most important thing.:thumbup:

Onward and upward....

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
Doug It is Great to have you Back :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Glad your here to tell your story... I know first hand the importance of a helmet...if I had a small or a beenie..my face would have been disfigured
with my accident.

Coincidently... I had the same helmet , The insurance company bought
it from me so I no longer have it.

I since bought a Shoei ...loved the carbon though.

Best to you !

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Doug, Glad to see you didn't land on your face with that 3/4 helmet. Or did you?

Just kidding Bud! :eek:4:

Too bad you weren't wear a carbon fiber suit.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doug, Glad to see you didn't land on your face with that 3/4 helmet. Or did you?

Just kidding Bud! :eek:4:

Too bad you weren't wear a carbon fiber suit.
The 3/4 face shield was ripped away and left a cut on my right cheek, broken nose, and another cut on the left side of my chin. The left side of my face took the brunt, and maybe a full faced would have saved me a bunch of facial fractures. I do know that my HJC AC-3 did save my brain, and that's what a good helmet is supposed to do.

Armored pants would have saved my left leg from being trashed - lessons learned THE PAINFUL WAY! I'll be limping the rest of my life to remind - don't be stupid again!

:eek:4:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Riff

I was wondering if you think an airbag bike would have lessened your injurys?

Heal fast and well.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Riff

I was wondering if you think an airbag bike would have lessened your injurys?

Heal fast and well.
Doug,
Gonna steal some of your Thunder my good friend....;)

RiFF RaFF and I have talked long and hard on the airbag scenario. Both of us agree the airbag may rpt may have alleviated some of his injuries. He really can't be sure...(he doesn't remember the moment of impact, nor how far off it was off from a "straight on" or not - can't blame him either). However, because of the probable impact angle, coupled with the photos of the bike damage, I personally think the A/B might have at least lessened some of my good friend's injuries. We are just thankful he pulled through. It was touch and go for Doug a few of those early days in the hospital. He is one tough Former Coastie. :thumbup: I know, beause I was there. It sure is tough watching a friend go through recovery from such severe injuries. I know Beverly's friends feel the same.

I do know one thing though, if I ever have the chance to purchase another Wing, it will include the Air Bag. Am I over-reacting? I don't know. :?: Hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it. :?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts