GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new helmet today, what do you think ?

Ducati Corse SBK Helmet by Arai

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Nice, now lets see your racing leathers…...

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...

Shop has a really nice one peace Dainese that matches that bike, will let me have it for $1,600.00.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Wow that is a great looking Helmet...I have used Arai helmets for years...I do belive they make the Best...If you have a 10 dollar head...buy a 10 dollar helmet:)

I just bought a RX-Q Dawn Arai...you going to install a headset in it???

John

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very nice.

Ditto for what John Said. My wife has an Rx-Q and loves it. I have a shoei qwest, and when it finally kicks the bucket I will be looking at Arai's. I still have about 2 years of life on the shoei.

·
Registered
655 Posts
or you could pay $22,000 for the helmet and get a Multistrada free.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Are you sure it's big enough for your head ?:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that is a great looking Helmet...I have used Arai helmets for years...I do belive they make the Best...If you have a 10 dollar head...buy a 10 dollar helmet:)

I just bought a RX-Q Dawn Arai...you going to install a headset in it???

John
Thank you,

Yes, researching whats out there in Bluetooth.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, looked at the Cardo Scala so far, I'm only interested in communicating with the passenger.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I did get a large and it's pretty darn snug, lol.
A couple of years back my son came home with a CB 1000 ? I hoped on the bike and headed down the street. I couldn't shift the S.O.B. out of first because of the way my leg was twisted back, etc. I admire your dexterity.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
It's got to fit YOUR head correctly or it's worthless. I have a hard time finding helmets that fit me comfortably.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A couple of years back my son came home with a CB 1000 ? I hoped on the bike and headed down the street. I couldn't shift the S.O.B. out of first because of the way my leg was twisted back, etc. I admire your dexterity.
Lol...Thanks.

I'm a fairly small person, 5'7" - 155lbs, didn't have any trouble with it, but I only rode it home from the dealer, 30 miles, actually it felt really good, can't wait for riding weather.

Snow blizzard on the forecast starting today through tomorrow with high wind, predicted temperature of 15* below with wind shill factor.:shock:

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's got to fit YOUR head correctly or it's worthless. I have a hard time finding helmets that fit me comfortably.
I agree,

The Arai helmets are highly adjustable for a perfect fit, whether you have an oval, round, wide or flat head I think you would get a perfect fit with an Arai.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I just got a Senna SMH10R, mainly for use when I'm on my sports bikes.This was primarily to hear audio from my Garmin 660, which can be directions, audio or phone.

It all paired very easily sitting in my family room, also installed very easily in my Shoei. Haven't had chance to really try it on the road because of weather.

I had a Cardo Scarla unit that I used for Bluetooth communication between my Son and I dirt biking, that worked very well and was crystal clear. You could hear when you were getting out of range as a small amount of static would start to come through the speakers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just got this one.

That's a beautiful scoot man... Be good to it, I would love to have that in my garage. Simply awesome.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thank you,

Yes, researching whats out there in Bluetooth.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, looked at the Cardo Scala so far, I'm only interested in communicating with the passenger.
I have a set of G9's. They work well and do what they are supposed to. Phone works fine, communicating with passengers works fine. I have a buddy who rides with me and my wife. We use the 3 way comm as he has a G9 and it works perfect. I am kind of hard of hearing from playing in a band in small rooms for far too many years, but these work real well. I do find myself saying "What?" sometimes when I am doing 70-75 mph and have the visor open on my helmet. I've noticed if you are the headset controlling the three way comm, the battery seems to run out quicker. I get around 10-11 hrs of solid talk time on these G9's. That is my only complaint. I've been on long days on long trips and had the headsets die for the last 2-3 hrs of riding. If you know you are going to be pulling a 12-15 hr riding day, make sure you charge somewhere in the middle of the day. That can be kind of a pain. I also don't really like having to charge 2 headsets a night. Sometimes I share a room with a buddy, so we will have 3 people in a room. Some of these hotels don't have many outlets, so charging locations becomes a premium with everyone wanting to charge everything under the sun (Ipods, Phones, Gopros, Scalas, Tablets, laptops, and who knows what else). It's not fun having to wake up at 4am to switch around stuff on chargers to make sure it's gtg when you get up and are loading in.

This is why I am looking at a pair of edsets for the wife and I. If we are just riding 2 up and wanting to communicate with each other, I am going to use the wireds. Won't have to worry about charging or them dying on long days. I have read the speakers are louder and clearer on the wired headsets (not that they are bad on the G9's). However, if I am still riding with a friend that has a G9 and I need to 3 way I am going to continue to use the Scalas. It's a bummer since I am going to buy a second set of helmets for the wife and I just so I can put different comm units on it (the edsets). She likes her Arai, but now seems to want a Schuberth C3 Pro for Women. If she's going to get a Schuberth, I might as well too. Of course that means I have about $1500 in 2 helmets and $500 in edsets, and I just don't feel like spending $2k at the moment when I am doing fine with our current Shoei/Arai Scala G9 setup.

I'm sure whatever you will get you with like. I have a couple of friends with the Sena's and they seem to love them too.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts