GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am off to a good start as I have added my first PRECISION BUILT part to my LD trailer. At least it shares the same parts as one of our TAILWINDS here. I may have to ride over and rob his rejects?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
New L D Trailer

Two things that are not and will not be included if I sell a bike
My Tom Simmons seat and my Zackybilly hitch ball.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan,
That makes 2 of us. The LAST ball I'll ever have for a bike. This thing is SAWEET.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Okay guys, I guess I'm the village idiot, but whats so special about this ball?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No village idiot...It's just been handmade by one of the four most talented people of our forum in my opinion some will not agree but Tom Finch,ZackyBilly1,TechDude2000 and Rocky are 4 of the most talented I know (I don't get out much). It was sent to me as a GIFT and I have never laid eyes on ZackyBilly1 yet. If you will search Z's threads it allows more angle from the tongue hitch. This guy has talent when it comes to doing things right and you should see his man cave and TOYS. He works hard and rides even harder. He also makes very good informative posts and strives for excellence. Just one nice gesture on his end I guess. AND it was EXPRESSED MAILED at a substantial cost. Tims enjoys his bikes and trailers and goes the EXTRA MILE.
Eddie

·
Registered
618 Posts
Guys,
Those hitch balls are spectacular. Autographed too!! :thumbup:

Class act Z.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats!!!! I does look awesome!!! :bow::bow:

I'm so jealous... I'd like to place my order for 12 please.:lol:

·
Administrator
3,570 Posts
That settles it. I'm headed to Zackybilly1's house just as soon as I can catch the SWMBO not looking.

I'm officially jealous.

Glen

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glen,
I have a sneaky feeling it would be well worth the ride over to his man cave...LOL I am going to ride over and grab me a spreader bar. I am thinking maybe in October having THE FIRST ANNUAL ZACKYBILLY RIDE IN?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
.....four most talented people of our forum in my opinion some will not agree but Tom Finch,ZackyBilly1,TechDude2000 and Rocky are 4 of the most talented I know (I don't get out much). Eddie
FastEddie,

There are many talented people here as it relates to motorcycling but I don't really consider myself one of them...I'm willing but not necessarily talented. Nothing I've done is remotely close to rocket science and usually just comes down to willingness to put in some labor. Aside from the trailer balls (which I, personally, did not build), I'm not doing anything that anyone else can't do...if so inclined. The difference between me and others, as I see it, is I can get just as much enjoyment out of a failed project as a successful one because on either, I enjoy the challenge and if the project is a slam-dunk, there is no risk nor much of a challenge...if that makes any sense.

At times, I hope that parts of my "projects" may help pave the way for others to try (or let them know not to try) but at the end of the day, its just a means to have what I want in a bike. Maybe some will find this stuff amusing/inspiring or it may just provide ammunition to the nay-sayers to take pot-shots. Either way is fine with me.

We will meet, sooner than later, and you will soon discover that I am a under-whelming guy...just the way I like it. Although I try to treat others with respect and be fair to them, I tend to get along better with a pile of parts and a box of tools than I do a group of people. Some days that has its benefits, some days it doesn't.

Z

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sounds like a very humble man too. As mentioned above, a great addition to this board. I've followed the ZACKYBILLY thread also. Very talented and impressive work.:bow::bow::bow:
Thanks for sharing ZACKYBILLY!!!!You are appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts