GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a pretty easy going guy. I have a sign at my desk that reads "HELP - I'm a type-B personality in a type-A world."

I really don't get upset at too much, but there is one silly thing that I see happen on this board every once in a while that just gets my goat.

My pet peeve is seeing someone make a post that reads "<Insert Username Here> You have a PM." I mean how irritating is that. Does someone really need to have this announced? And if they haven't turned on the PM notification, do they really care about getting PMs.

I know that I'm not the only one suffering from PMS (Private Message Syndrome) - so feel free to pile on this topic with your own plus-ups or your own pet peeves.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
tjshelton said:
I'm a pretty easy going guy. I have a sign at my desk that reads "HELP - I'm a type-B personality in a type-A world."

I really don't get upset at too much, but there is one silly thing that I see happen on this board every once in a while that just gets my goat.

My pet peeve is seeing someone make a post that reads "<Insert Username Here> You have a PM." I mean how irritating is that. Does someone really need to have this announced? And if they haven't turned on the PM notification, do they really care about getting PMs.

I know that I'm not the only one suffering from PMS (Private Message Syndrome) - so feel free to pile on this topic with your own plus-ups or your own pet peeves.
Where are you talking about, TJ? On the classified board? The reason there is to get in line as a buyer. Otherwise, it's just to try to catch somebody who may be unaccustomed to watching for the very small, tiny, insignificant, notification, that a PM is in the inbox. I have gone many days at times missing these things, and I think others have too. They are probably just trying to get ahold of somebody quicker than than they otherwise might.

Dude, you should have stayed in California! Gotta watch out that SMIB uptightedness don't go rubbing off on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
624 Posts
T.J., you have a PM. :D

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
luckyman you have a PM.

In it I tell you to stop agitating T.J. or you'll turn that nice laid back Type B CA boy into an east coast Type A frazzle guy. :crew:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
HA!
You think this PM thing is irritating huh?
Well, let me tell yuh son,
Just wait till you have to deal with them BM problems!
Now that's a real pain in the..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

S

·
0 Posts
My PP is:

Near miss - a near miss is a collision just like a near collision means a two object almost collided but missed.

So when the Hollywood types and other DA's say " it was a near miss " it really means they in fact did collide.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Dream Catcher said:
HA!
You think this PM thing is irritating huh?
Well, let me tell yuh son,
Just wait till you have to deal with them BM problems!
Now that's a real pain in the..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DC
Fiber!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Pet peeves 'eh. Where do i satrt?

Hillary Clinton is kinda Pi$$ing me off

Al gore ain't any better

The snow plow just went by, plowing in the end of my driveway......again

People that don't clean all the snow off there cars so they can see out the windows

Blond women that talk on there cell phone while driving and putting on make-up

I hate getting up at 5:00am to get ready for work.

I hate last call

I'm sure there's more.

:roll:

·
Registered
110 Posts
J-mac said:
Pet peeves 'eh. Where do i satrt?

Hillary Clinton is kinda Pi$$ing me off

:roll:
Ya...........you got it man.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ahhhhh for me its the "Time Clock"
Like what other type of clock is there!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sorry, maybe I upset you a time or two.

But here is the way it is.. Sometimes someone wants to discuss something with someone and they do not want to discuss it on the open part of the forum. Now we send them a PM and for some reason they do not see it and it lays in our outbox for a couple days. We then inform them they have it so they can open it.

Ross

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
storm said:
My PP is:

Near miss - a near miss is a collision just like a near collision means a two object almost collided but missed.

So when the Hollywood types and other DA's say " it was a near miss " it really means they in fact did collide.
YEAH! On the same token, the newsreader will look at that collision, and say, "They 'all but' collided on that wreck.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
tjshelton said:

you are assuming all folks here know how to use this board's Private Message system and that is not the case.

There have been posts asking why a PM stays in their 'out box'...... there are posts asking how to retrieve a PM......and where the PM boxes are.

:shock:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Also, I have gone days without logging in. If you do not log in, the PM thing will not do you any good. Some PM's might not be fun PM's to read anyway. So, it is not all that bad if you do not know you have a PM in your inbox.

My Pet is the guy who challenges everyone on just about any subject as if he or she is the "Top Shelf" of the subject. There are ways of sharing information without running someones elses idea's down.

Man I'll be glad when this winter stuff moves on out of here so we can get back outside.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Bulldog just thinks when he reads a PM message, he is another day older! :lol: Yes, people just do to get the person's attention. I myself have gone months not looking into my PM box. Just figure someone would email a question. Then not all people will list their email either. Gee is mine listed? :?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts