GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Adding more waypoints will cure this. Just don't add too many as it will drive you nuts.
Hi. I purchased my 2008 wing with navi-audio-comfort in the late fall and immediately stored it. I spend my winters planning my summer trips and working out the routes. In my research of how to use the navigation on the wing, I came across your thread and I am glad I did. I just started the kurviger routes today and I have a few of the 12 days mapped. Wow, very easy to do.

Referring to the highlighted quote above, are you saying this because there is a limit that causes issues or are you just being funny and meaning you can get carried away? I initially found my routes had 1 or 2 way points but I saw that you said more way points makes it less likely for the honda navi to reroute. I added more way points (like a total of 8) but I dont want to have too many...if that is possible.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hi. I purchased my 2008 wing with navi-audio-comfort in the late fall and immediately stored it. I spend my winters planning my summer trips and working out the routes. In my research of how to use the navigation on the wing, I came across your thread and I am glad I did. I just started the kurviger routes today and I have a few of the 12 days mapped. Wow, very easy to do.

Referring to the highlighted quote above, are you saying this because there is a limit that causes issues or are you just being funny and meaning you can get carried away? I initially found my routes had 1 or 2 way points but I saw that you said more way points makes it less likely for the honda navi to reroute. I added more way points (like a total of 8) but I dont want to have too many...if that is possible.

Can't speak for the 2008, but if you have a lot of waypoints in the 2018 the gps talks constantly. The perfect amount is enough to make it go where you want it to without too many extras. Getting that perfect number takes experimentation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can't speak for the 2008, but if you have a lot of waypoints in the 2018 the gps talks constantly. The perfect amount is enough to make it go where you want it to without too many extras. Getting that perfect number takes experimentation.
Makes sense. Thanks

21 - 24 of 24 Posts