GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
No Ron. Fraid not. Mine are still working fine. Could you have jarred something loose the last time your front tire made it back to Earth? :lol: :duck:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hi Ron, those "lights" are actually LEDs and are not replaceable (without using the soldering iron, that is). I've never heard of your specific problem in my monitoring the boards for the past two years or so, although I did hear someone on the other board say a while back that some of his were "burnt out". If your warranty is still good, I'd get the dealer to replace the radio.

Good luck!
Arthur

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hope it covered

I would sure take it to the dealer and discuss the warranty before I tried to solder on the radio.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ronny Boy,

All you have to do is back track your journey, the first day you noticed them missing. The speeds you ride at, probably the wind and buffeting just blew them out along side the road....LOL

Never heard of that Ron. I hope that this is an isolated problem. I can just see the hassle with warranty from Honda. Is there not a 1 year limit on the radio/electronics/cd/cb etc.?

Good Luck my friend.

Bulldog

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep..first my left then the right. Haven't done anything about it yet. Don't even have 100,000 on it and they already went out. :shock:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for th replys, I'll take it over to th dealer & i'm sure they'll fix me right up. I have ah GREAT service guy. Dan th service manager at Honda & Yamaha of Memphis TN has always gone out of his way to treat me right. Service after th sale, ta me is th most important thing. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
126 Posts
The radio lights on the right side went out on my '02. Dealer replaced under warranty. No servicable parts inside the radio.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Radio Lights

First I lost one, then two and last month they were all out. Yesterday the dealer replaced 6 LED's. They are plug-ins. No soldering required. The bulbs are expensive. Replaced under warranty. Dealer got them from the radio manufacturer. I could have had the radio replaced up until late last summer but mine receives so well I didn't want to take a chance on getting one like some of you have and not be able to hear distant stations.
But now the lights are blue. Maybe they were all along but I'm thinking mine were white. Course I could be wrong. I was once. :D

Jerry

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jerry

Thanks for yer reply. I went over & talked with th dealer taday & from th microfish we figgered th bulbs were replaceable. They are gonna order some blubs & i'm gonna put em in. It's good ta hear from someone that has first hand knowledge. My stock bulbs are white. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
762 Posts
The leds are replaceable? Thanks for the correction! :oops: I'll have to check that out next time I have the radio apart to clean out the sand.

Thanks,
Arthur

1 - 13 of 13 Posts