GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Crusty Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior for my second bike to back up the 2005 Goldwing Champion Trike. Wow! What a ride! Fastest bike I've ever riden. Like it's a crotch rocket on a crusier frame. !700 cc's and weighs something in the 600 lb range. Do any of you Goldwingers have one of these and if so what do you think?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I owned a 2003 Roadstar and they have alot of "seat of the pants" grunting torque,very stylish,wish I had it back. But I'm not sure it's any faster than my Wing.I'm almost sure it wasn't.The Warrior may be different, I only rode one a couple of times.

Mark

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
How much did that Champion kid slow down that Wing ?? Both in top end and acceleration ??

Thanks in advance for the info !!! :lol:

·
Registered
552 Posts
05wingman said:
Do any of you Goldwingers have one of these and if so what do you think?
The warriors are nice bikes once you bling them out a little bit.

This bike will be in my stable if Honda would ever get there ass in gear and produce it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
A good friend of mine has a Warrior and we ride together alot. His bike is stock except for a big air kit and aftermarket pipes. He has opened it up wide open against my Wing several times and the Wing was always faster. If I am riding directly behind him when he cranks it open and I do the same I have to back off the throttle while still in 4th so I don't run into him from behind. The Warrior is no slouch but cannot outrun the Wing based on my experiences. The Warrior will outclass the Wing in the twisties though as it has much better clearance, is much lighter and has a modified R1 frame.

I think because the Warrior makes so much noise and vibration that it seems to the rider that it is faster than the Wing but side by side running shows the opposite. The Wing is so smooth and quiet that you often don't realize how much power is really there unless you are running against something else to provide perspective. JMOH and experiences.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
azblackbird said:
05wingman said:
Do any of you Goldwingers have one of these and if so what do you think?
The warriors are nice bikes once you bling them out a little bit.

This bike will be in my stable if Honda would ever get there ass in gear and produce it.

It'll be in my stable too. I think that bike is the bomb :lol:

It looks fast sitting still. Awesome machine. 8)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Big Wes said:
I think that bike is the bomb :lol:
It looks fast sitting still. Awesome machine. 8)
Agreed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts