GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to go by my Honda Dealer this morning to get a flat fixed. I got there before they opened because I get off work at 7:30am. It struck me as odd that none of the people that work there rode a bike to work. It's not like the weather was bad. 72 degrees and a light breeze. I know I watched at least 15 people, from mechanics, sales, parts,service and office staff show up and all in cages.

It just got me to thinking, can you trust folks that don't even ride when that's what they sell and service for a living? Just got me to thinkin'....

NRA

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is something I have always watched..... At my BMW dealer everybody there rides in all weather conditions.. One drives 48 miles each way............regards Pete

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I used to ride my Kawasaki Concours to the Honda shop where I worked. There were two other salesmen that would ride their Gixxers in once in a while and the Service Manager would usually ride his KZ550. One of the office girls had a Bandit 1200 but she had wrecked it.
The rest of the crew were a bunch of car salesmen that moved over.

·
Registered
552 Posts
NRA Life Member said:
It just got me to thinking, can you trust folks that don't even ride when that's what they sell and service for a living? Just got me to thinkin'..
Yep... whenever I am unfortunate enough to require some warranty work on my bikes, I always ask for a mechanic that rides to work each day. I figure a mechanic that rides and has a stable full of bikes is going to be pretty knowledgable and will take extra steps to make sure the job is done right.

·
Co-Sponsor
444 Posts
I as a dealer principal ride alot... Do I ride back and forth to work everyday no.. Stuff to bring to work or to take home... is there enough room in the garage at home tonight?? have to pick something up after work,,, need the truck to haul my trailers... most days just easier to take the truck :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jim evans said:
I as a dealer principal ride alot... Do I ride back and forth to work everyday no.. Stuff to bring to work or to take home... is there enough room in the garage at home tonight?? have to pick something up after work,,, need the truck to haul my trailers... most days just easier to take the truck :)
Hey Jim, I totally understand that. I watched the owner drive up in his Infinity Q, the finance guy was in his Lexus, a lot of the shop guys were in pickups. The operator/ secretary/ greeter was in her Eddie Bauer Expedition that's never seen a dirt road in its life. This is a large, very old, very established Honda / Yamaha dealer in Oklahoma City and I just found it interesting that absolutely nobody, not even the kids at the parts counter, rode to work.

NRA

http://www.maxeys.com/index0601.htm <---Dealers website

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
At the shop they all have bikes but I’ve never seen them. At the marina where I go there are three guys who work on the boats. I once asked them why they didn’t own boats and they laughed at me. “ This is what I do for a living I sure wouldn’t do it for fun”. I bought my wing from the manager at a Honda shop. This was his personal bike. He put 2200 miles on it in two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts