GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to express my feeling for my son's return from Iraq. As a Marine father Im so damn proud o him. I pick him up at 9:00 pm Friday. After his 2nd tour in Iraq as a Marine I think he will get out of the service and find a nice gal to marry and give me a grandson. God Bless all the troops and parents who's sons or daughters are in the military..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Son is home

What wonderful news! Mine will be home next month....can't wait. This is his 2nd time also and we are counting the weeks until he is home to Fort Hood, safe and sound and with his family. Prayers for a safe return for all our sons and daughters.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I have 4 in the military 2 sons and 2 daughter in laws one will depart in about 2 months for his 5 tour

·
Registered
703 Posts
larrylee731 said:
Just wanted to express my feeling for my son's return from Iraq. As a Marine father Im so damn proud o him. I pick him up at 9:00 pm Friday. After his 2nd tour in Iraq as a Marine I think he will get out of the service and find a nice gal to marry and give me a grandson. God Bless all the troops and parents who's sons or daughters are in the military..
Larrylee731, as a retired AF member, let me say thank you for sharing your son to help preserve our freedom. I stand firm on the fact our military members need to be treated with respect and honor. God bless our military and the sacrifice of their precious time. Now plan a touring vacation on a Goldwing.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Congratulations! I'll bet you slept much better knowing he is safe and on his way home. Buy him a beer for all of us.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Congrats!!!! Enjoy each other's company again!!!!
Thank you to your son for his service!

My son is also a Marine in training at the officers school now.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That's great news. I want to thank you and his mother for raising a son who proudly served. And , I want to thank him for his service. I know you are proud parents of a fine soldier.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I'm sure you are one Proud Papa and relieved that he's home safe....

Make sure you tell him thanks from all of us and God bless all the brave Men and Women that protect us every day......

Ah heck, buy him two beers from all of us, send the bill to Bull Dog.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
good fortunes to you and your family, enjoy him while he is home. i served in the navy 68-72 in nam, got to go home 1x in 69. i remember that time with my family, marvelous. he might be a little changed from when he left, its natural,just dont coddle him and let him do his thing till he gets acclimated. good luck. semper fi.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Happy to hear he is home safe and sound.

My son is a Marine as well, and will be deploying to Iraq at the first of the year. That will be pins and needles time for us as we wait out his time over there.

Please thank him for his service and be sure and let him know how much we appreciate the sacrifices he and his brothers and sisters in the military make for us every day.

Enjoy your time together, God bless you and your family.
Dep

·
Registered
61 Posts
Please add my heartfelt thanks and job well done to your son and all those who have stood tall for all of us.

USMC 67-71
Vietnam 67-68
Khe Sanh Jan 68 through April 68

Semper Fi

·
Registered
309 Posts
larrylee731 said:
Great news. Tell him "thanks for serving" for me. :flg:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Son Home

larrylee;
Glad to hear tht your son is home. God bless him, god bless the marines and gld bless the USA. Give him a hug for me and I hope he never has to go back. Tell him for me "thank you sir for protecting our freedom."

Joe

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Larry thank him for me. Enjoy that first meeting. Only those who have done it can relate what it feels like to see them come walking down that ramp towards you in one piece. Or on the other hand what it feels like going the other way. In any case give him a hug and a well done for all of us.

·
Registered
412 Posts
thanks

Make sure to thank him for me too.... you should be proud .. REAL PROUD!!

again.. tell him thanks from all of us....

Royal

·
Registered
977 Posts
I can almost know what you are feeling. My younger brother just got home from Iraq in February. He retired from the Air Force March 2006 after 21 years of serving our country.

Tell you son we are all very proud of him and thank him for the job he does. Give him a big hug from all of us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts