GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so I started an early morning ride Saturday and this dam thing is "INSIDE" my instument cluster. Took me about half an hour this evening to pull the cluster, dis-assamble it and get him out and re-install the cluster.

Ah, the joys of living in Florida!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Bugs are our friends, in Florida, 'cuz you don't want to be their enemy. I heard once that you should never try to squish them with a brick, for the risk that you might be providing them a weapon ...

So, the '06 cluster is not sealed? The '01-'05s are. Last bike I had that did not have a sealed instrument cluster was an '83 XJ700.

·
Registered
816 Posts
bugs

I had the same thing happen with my '02 right after I got it. I still can't figure out how that wasp got in. a pretty tight fit.

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
salyzyn said:
So, the '06 cluster is not sealed? The '01-'05s are. Last bike I had that did not have a sealed instrument cluster was an '83 XJ700.
It sure looks like it is...the 10 or 12 screws that hold the clear front to the rest of the cluster forms a pretty good seal. Somehow that thing got in through the back of the cluster. I just don't know how.

Bartman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts