GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow members, I'm generally a reserved guy on this board, and my immediate intentions now is to keep my composure. I understand that some of you don't know what's going on the board now, and it's most likely that you don't have the time to read it or get involved in posting as much as some of us more, may I say retarded, err retired guys. There was a day when for the most part, we retained our civility and treated each other as gentlemen. Unfortunately, the time is not now.

We have a board member, who started giving advice several years before he ever purchased a trike. To be as honest as I could ever be, he knows something about everything. We’re learning now that if he doesn’t know what he wants us to think he knows, he makes it up. He has an associate who now appears to be as self- promoting as himself. Whenever he needs an authoritative source, he gets on his speed dial and infuses his associate into his mess. You all know whom I’m referring to, but again, I’m not going to mention his name. They both know what they’re doing and they both know who they are. To name them would only add fuel to their fire. I don't operate as this gentleman operates. Recently he has become an instigator, agitator, and a trouble spot on this board. He tells us that he has moved on to another “TRIKE” board but he continues to come on this forum and spew his discourse and hate. I’ve never met this gentleman, He’s not my type. When you read his profile, you ask yourself how did an old man do so much stuff in one lifetime? You then realize that he obviously never stayed at one job very long because if he acted and performed in a business environment, as he does on this board, he wouldn’t last long with any employer.

Some of you might not realize his MOO because you have to be on the board a lot to spot it. To those of you who do not understand what I’m addressing, he starts a thread. Please understand that once you start a thread, you have some authority in how long the thread stands, if it stand at all. You can go in and delete it. This gentleman has begun to show a unique propensity to do just this. When he’s “called out”, by some of our other members, that surely brings him to his “delete” button quickly.

Most of you know me because of my sincere drive to get out information concerning the CSC driveline issues. I want you to know that when you add a response to my threads, I’ll never delete the thread because I didn’t like what you wrote. I spent 4 years in the U.S. military in order to preserve your right to speak your mind. Some of you do not, and never will agree with me. I accept that and respect you for offering your understanding of the issue.

I started a new thread last evening, which included a letter sent to me by an installer. I visited this installer about a month ago and asked for some inside information concerning the CSC driveline issue. It took him a while to provide the requested information. If you read the letter from the installer, you saw how well detailed and thought out the letter was written. Within an hour, the individual that I’ve referred to earlier in this thread responded, but with a letter from his associate: the one he has on speed dial. If you read the letter, you noticed that the writer went on a ranting about how good his work is, and basically went on a “patting himself on the back” spree. If you read the letter in detail, the response was totally about the Gen. 1 driveline. Guys, we’re past the Gen 1. The present concern is all about the Gen 2. owners. The responsive letter wasn’t even about the topic on hand. But this is how the forum member operates. If he doesn’t know anything about what we’re talking about, he makes it up. This is now becoming typical of his self-promoting associate. How did he get this so called active installer to write the responding so fast? It came almost as fast as the CSC R & D modification. Anyway, some of you will not get to read the rambling letter for our friend took it off the thread, almost as quick as the “patting myself on the back” letter appeared.

Many times, we have come on this board, warning new members to be aware of the self-promoting individuals who seem to be in for themselves. I never thought it would come to the day when we needed to warn our veteran forum members to be aware of those same self-promoting persons.

We’ve been promised by these same two individuals that they would leave our cherished board, and never return. We’ve now learned that one has contacted our board moderator and offered ideas on how to clean up this board. My personal suggestion would be to ban these two troublemakers but again, this is America.

I have a suggestion. I’m going to take my own advice. It’s going to be hard because when someone comes on this board, and does nothing but cause dissention and unrest, I have a difficult time to ignore, but ignore it I will. I’ve recently accepted the fact that these two self-promoting individuals thrive on causing distrust and unrest. My solution: I’m going to ignore them.

Now, I haven’t mentioned any name so I suspect if anyone comes after this post and goes into a defensive mode, they must be feeling the heat. They’ll identify themselves. It’s in their very nature. It won’t be long till one, or both will be on. You see, this post describes no other members but the two I’ve identified. If you do not know who has been described in this post, check back frequently. They’ll reveal themselves. Then you’ll know who to ignore.

Ride safe,

Wayne

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Well spoken

G

·
Unless I am one of the people you have in your sights, I want to thank you for your very correct and direct response.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Wayne, Thank you for that post. I hope others not just those two will understand civility goes a long way to make this board user friendly.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Wayne, thank you so much for your well thought out and truthful post about what has taken place here on THIS board. I have responded to these 2 people several times just not as eloquently as you have done. They come here and spout there nonsense and BS and if called on it go crying to Lamont how THEY are being mistreated. They have made it a personal and ongoing vendetta against Wheels (JIM) who all that have met him (Jim) know he is one of the most caring, honest, true Christian and friendly people you will meet. The 2 true trouble makers laugh about how ignorant everyone on this forum is over on the 'gypsy' boards, I use this term because they call us Planet X. Both have been banned from the Trike Talk forums and are now bad mouthing that fine forum. Wayne, I bow :bow::bow: to you for your writing skills and hope to see you and Randall this Sat. if not in Sept. Your friend in Christ, Charley

·
Registered
31 Posts
Relatively new member here but I like the way Wayne writes. I have not had the "privledge" of discussing anything with those 2 members so I cannot comment on their behavior. I would just like to say that this seems toi be a very civil board and that I feel welcome here. Thank you everyone for supporting this board and your friendship.

Ritchie & Lyn

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Thanks Wayne. Nicely put, and well written. Attacks on this board are rampant. It could use some cleaning up! It should be used for it's intended purpose. Information, camaraderie, meets, food, ice cream. Tom :biker:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm no Scientist , but I think this forum is experiencing 'climate change' ! :lol::oops:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
WELCOME papabee49 :thumbup::lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well said Wayne.:thumbup:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Unless I am one of the people you have in your sights, I want to thank you for your very correct and direct response.

:agree: I think:shock:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Kinda wish Wayne would post their names. I am sort of gullable when it comes to fixing or working on my bike. Raskals such as those two should be exposed for all the world to see. However, I understand Wayne's position... doesn't want to sink to their level....... Thanks for the Post, Wayne.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
well said Wayne, but I have to admit, I am lost as to who the person is...I must be reading too fast or something, or see postings in a different light.

Thanks for posting.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
well said Wayne, but I have to admit, I am lost as to who the person is...I must be reading too fast or something, or see postings in a different light.

Thanks for posting.
I have read the other posts....think I know who one might be. Sorry for being so lame...:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the info Wayne, as CSC triker's whe need that info....:thumbup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wayne, thanks for the post!!:thumbup:
As a daily reader of this forum, I had no trouble ID'ing those you mentioned.

Alex

1 - 20 of 23 Posts