GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that many folks have had great times at the four Rockies-Gold events that have been put together (2007, 2008, 2011 in Montrose; 2010 in Frisco/Copper Mountain). And many are now talking about another, which would be fine also.

However, my thoughts are that it would be good to see someone organize another event in another location, thus allowing me and many other rides to come together in another location and enjoy some other scenery.

So, I would sure like to see someone step up to this task for 2012 and organize a new event in a new location.

Black Hills.....Cody....Red Lodge....northern Idaho....or somewhere else!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
We do have the Smoky Mountain Ride In in June for the last 3 years. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
We do have the Smoky Mountain Ride In in June for the last 3 years. :thumbup:
but that's in the east and this has always been a more western event

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Something close to Yellowstone and the Tetons would be a great idea also.

If people are interested, I'd like to help put something together for northern Michigan. Based in Mackinac City perhaps. Lots of beautiful scenery here... lakes, rivers, bridges... think "Water Wonderland". Probably could get a fishing charter together if enough people were interested in a day on the water.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Every issue of RoadRUNNER magazine has a "Shamrock" ride. They've got routes you can download and information about each days ride as well as their host hotel.

Here's a link to the list of one's they've done and brief description of each. They are listed by state:
http://www.roadrunner.travel/category-shamrock-1.php

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have we forgotten what I believe started these get togethers.
All those great years of Catscade, how about Applecade.
I know, these were probably long before some of you were
members of this board, oh and yes they were in the EAST!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Ah, CatsCade 2007...where friends were made and records broken.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have we forgotten what I believe started these get togethers.
All those great years of Catscade, how about Applecade.
I know, these were probably long before some of you were
members of this board, oh and yes they were in the EAST!
Oh, I have not forgotten as I attended two Cats-Cades from Colorado. It was at the 2nd one that I was asked to put together something in Colorado, thus Rockies-Gold (Gold Wings in the Rockies) in 2007, 2008, 2010, and by PODO in 2011. There are quite a few gatherings back east, but I was suggesting that perhaps someone out west would put something together in the area around the Rockies and west so that I/we could go to a different gathering with different rides. Could be lots of fun!

And to add to Twyn's Cats-Cade Photo:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
choices

I think that the west is prefered. Around Cody or Utah certainly have enough riding for a get together, but I'm thinking northern California would be a sweet spot.

Richard

1 - 20 of 24 Posts