GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I present to you all the first 2018 Goldwing tour with a custom inlayed ultimate seat. On the suggestion of Des (the owner of Ultimate) I went with aluminum ostrich inlays on the black seat with blue stitching. I only have 75 miles on it so far and it has already made a world of difference. I also had them recover my stock passenger backrest and my honda passenger armrests to match. All the guys and gals at ultimate were super awesome to work with! I cant wait to hit the road!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Absolutely beautiful (handsome may sound better though):grin2: on your blue bike. I’ve been kicking around gray inlays or just white stitching on my blue as well. I have known Des for a lot of years and have had the Ultimate seats on many of my bikes. He and his company are first class for sure. My issue remains the lack of OEM interfaced heat. I live in Phoenix now so not a big issue but enough so that I won’t buy a seat without it. It is still chilly driving north thru the mountains, etc. I spoke with Lewis from EC today and he still doesn’t have the issue resolved for Des related to the heated seats but is working on it. Many are OK with the OEM seat, I am not and am going to have to bite the bullet and do the RDL seat. They too are a quality product but have production dates well into June which presents a problem for me as we travel June-August around the country, mostly the Midwest. That said, it appears I’ll have to wait until Fall after waiting over a year already hoping the heat issue would be solved. I sat on the Ultimate 3 weeks ago in Daytona and liked it. I’m sure you will as well. Please let us know how you like it after some time passes.

I apologize if I made the thread veer in non related direction......love the seat!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Absolutely beautiful (handsome may sound better though)/forums/images/GL1800riders_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png on your blue bike. I’ve been kicking around gray inlays or just white stitching on my blue as well. I have known Des for a lot of years and have had the Ultimate seats on many of my bikes. He and his company are first class for sure. My issue remains the lack of OEM interfaced heat. I live in Phoenix now so not a big issue but enough so that I won’t buy a seat without it. It is still chilly driving north thru the mountains, etc. I spoke with Lewis from EC today and he still doesn’t have the issue resolved for Des related to the heated seats but is working on it. Many are OK with the OEM seat, I am not and am going to have to bite the bullet and do the RDL seat. They too are a quality product but have production dates well into June which presents a problem for me as we travel June-August around the country, mostly the Midwest. That said, it appears I’ll have to wait until Fall after waiting over a year already hoping the heat issue would be solved. I sat on the Ultimate 3 weeks ago in Daytona and liked it. I’m sure you will as well. Please let us know how you like it after some time passes.

I apologize if I made the thread veer in non related direction......love the seat!!!!
For me its a non issue because if i need heat im usually wearing heated pant liners plus i live in south west florida.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I knew I recognized that name! Glad your seat turned out the way you wanted! I’ve been about 250 miles on mine, plan to do 300 more in the morning and it’s been a real game-changer so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
794 Posts
Absolutely beautiful (handsome may sound better though):grin2: on your blue bike. I’ve been kicking around gray inlays or just white stitching on my blue as well. I have known Des for a lot of years and have had the Ultimate seats on many of my bikes. He and his company are first class for sure. My issue remains the lack of OEM interfaced heat. I live in Phoenix now so not a big issue but enough so that I won’t buy a seat without it. It is still chilly driving north thru the mountains, etc. I spoke with Lewis from EC today and he still doesn’t have the issue resolved for Des related to the heated seats but is working on it. Many are OK with the OEM seat, I am not and am going to have to bite the bullet and do the RDL seat. They too are a quality product but have production dates well into June which presents a problem for me as we travel June-August around the country, mostly the Midwest. That said, it appears I’ll have to wait until Fall after waiting over a year already hoping the heat issue would be solved. I sat on the Ultimate 3 weeks ago in Daytona and liked it. I’m sure you will as well. Please let us know how you like it after some time passes.

Try a WINGSOFT. Faster turnaround and and much less expensive. Made a huge difference on my bike. Sorry, no ostrich, alligator or other exotic skins, just OEM pleather.

:beer8:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts