GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked away from the Dunlop E4. I liked the E3 so I thought I would really like the E4. I had 3 of them that under performed. I personally define a tire by how many miles I can get out of it. I could always get a good 15,000 miles out of the E3, but 10,000 to 12,000 miles out of the E4.
Today I had a Perrelli P1 installed. My 1st impression of it is favorable. Tomorrow I plan on putting 250 miles on it.
I want to thank Capt. Bob, Monk, Networkguy3 and others who advised me in this process.
Below is a picture of the E4 with 12,000 miles that came off today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
YET ANOTHER WONKY TIRE STORY ! :surprise::wink2::laugh:

Reactions: revrunt

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Come on UNCLEJOHN, tell him, you know you want to. CRASH AND BURN! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,977 Posts
That picture really bothers me. I'm a long shot from being any kind of expert on tires, but that thing looks like it was not put together right to have that kind of wear pattern.:frown2:

Hope you enjoy the P1, there is no question in my mind that you will be much safer.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I am sure we have another convert.:thumbup::biker:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Flat area on tire looks like interstate riding. No curves.

·
Registered
837 Posts
My last motorcycle tire was an E three and it looked very much like that after 9000 mile trip when I went to San Francisco and back and too northern Maine and back. Tire was less than six weeks old when I did replace it with my first car tire!

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
That tire looks like it went 12 rounds with a bench grinder. I've seen them worn, but that takes the cake. Good luck on your ride, be safe.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
now you know WHY we call them "DUNFLOPS" thats what they R a flop!! lol lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts