GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forever, white motorcycles have not impressed me at all. They were all "cop bikes" to me.

I've been waiting for Honda to upgrade the Gold Wing for a couple of years now so I was excited when the 2012 Wing was released. Red? Sorry. Blue? Nope. Black? Boring. White? Yeah, right, if you're a cop. I was resigned to wait another year for better color choices until my lovely wife chimed in how beautiful she thought the white one was. OK, done deal...we will take delivery of a beautiful white 2012 Gold Wing in about a week! :oops: I guess I'll just have to suffer through having another new Gold Wing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Your wife has some good taste. The GL1800 looks extremely dynamic and classy in white, and white overall has always been a great MC color. Don't you like cages slowing down when you appear in their rearview? :thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Being mistaken for a cop ain't all that bad. People get real self conscious about their driving when they think there might be a cop around...

Matbe you should get a white helmet with black and gold trim :thumbup:

Congrats on the new Wing!!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
white wing plus headlight modulator= clear lanes of traffic...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Being mistaken for a cop ain't all that bad. People get real self conscious about their driving when they think there might be a cop around...

Matbe you should get a white helmet with black and gold trim :thumbup:

Congrats on the new Wing!!
I already have a white helmet. Now, if I only knew where to get those groovy knickers and tall black boots!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I already have a white helmet. Now, if I only knew where to get those groovy knickers and tall black boots!
You can't see those in the rearview mirror. Just get a pair of mirror shades, and maybe grow a mustache!:congrats:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I saw a white 2012 that had been crunched in transport. It was to my eye more of a cream color, not a stark white like the cop bikes( there was a Salinas PD unit next to it ).

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a white 2012 that had been crunched in transport. It was to my eye more of a cream color, not a stark white like the cop bikes( there was a Salinas PD unit next to it ).

Enjoy the new ride.
It's a white white to me but it looked a lot better after it got out of the showroom and into the daylight....most bikes do! There's a sparkle in the paint instead of just a basic glossy white. My wife called it a "classy white" and I suppose she knows better than I.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Wife picked out our 05 White and although I didn't like it at first it does look good now that we have it dressed up a little. It gets lots of comments and it's a hoot to ride with the white helmet on and the mic in front your face. Going down the interstate people will look in the mirror and bout have a heart attack trying to get over. :thumbup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Most, if not all wives wear the pants, just dang few of us out there that will openly admit it! Congrats to you Sir. :bow:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Lets see....yellow Wing....reminds me of a New York City taxi cab....all you need is an "On Duty" sign on top of your helmet.

Lets see....white Wing....reminds me of my refrigerator....or the clothes washer....or the clothes drier....well....you get the idea. :lol: :joke:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Wife picked out our 05 White and although I didn't like it at first it does look good now that we have it dressed up a little. It gets lots of comments and it's a hoot to ride with the white helmet on and the mic in front your face. Going down the interstate people will look in the mirror and bout have a heart attack trying to get over. :thumbup:

Yup that happens all to often,and they just dive out of the way when I run the modulator.

It's a white white to me but it looked a lot better after it got out of the showroom and into the daylight....most bikes do! There's a sparkle in the paint instead of just a basic glossy white. My wife called it a "classy white" and I suppose she knows better than I.

In 08 Honda came out with Pearl Alpine White.it gave new meaning to White with a blue pearl on it vs Refigerator solid white.

In 2012 Honda came out with a new pearl. *NH341P* (PEARL FADELESS WHITE)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Our '04 white one seems to get quite a bit of attention when we make convenience store stops while ridin' around. Even more fun can be had with our black '10 Dodge Charger with dark tinted windows all around and blacked out head & tail lights. We can go drive through the "hood", and ya ought to see the thug teenaged kids hide a block or two ahead of us, don't do that often, might get shot at one of these days, first time was by accident, takin' a shortcut through town!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm thinking the white will 'grow on ya'. Happy to hear about the new wing. Now about those 2 lane roads on the east coast...
:)

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Eh, we picked up an 2010 last Thursday.

Canary Yellow. The wife picked it out.

When Momma is happy, EVERYONE is happy.

;)

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Most, if not all wives wear the pants, just dang few of us out there that will openly admit it! Congrats to you Sir. :bow:
As long as she wants to ride and lets you have a nice toy who cares. Oh the question of the day is are they short or long pants?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts