GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to talk with Fl cracker this morning. A very pleasant conversation I may add.
My wife who is my riding partner and best friend is very sick. I always have her on board when riding 90% of the time. She loves riding and people that ride. I bought my Goldwing to help ease her pain/problems with her cancer. It help greatly and I have converted as the GW is now my favorite bike out of the 4 I have. She has been battling cancer for over 10 years. Our favorite ride is the "Trail of Tears" ride that goes from Chattanooga, Tn. to Ok.. I knew or felt last year would be her last ride on the TOT. It became very difficult for her to get on the bikes so I bought a gl1800 CSC trike. It helped a lot. She only got to ride it with me 1 time before she got really ill.
I was informed today that her cancer has spread beyond what I and the doctors had thought it would. It's every where now. She is in Huntsville, AL. hospital right now.
Now, my pain. Her doctor called and informed me that she has a few weeks or maybe a couple of months left.

Doris and I leaving on the trail of tears a couple years ago.

לאישת המותק שלי, אני אוהב אותך

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
My heart goes out to you and your family in this time of need. My wish is that you make the best of the time you have left.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Very sad and touchy!
Hand in there! Cherish the time you still have with her!
My heart aches for you....

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Our prayers for you, your wife, family and friends. Hang tough and make every minute count!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
So sorry to hear this. We lost my stepson to cancer this year, so I understand your pain. You have my heartfelt symapthy.

=Dave=

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Living the Good Life

You can be proud that you did everything you could to make your wife's life an adventure. Most men can't say the L Word. I don't know if you've told her, I hope you have, but you have certainly SHOWN her you love her. Taking that risk, and loving with all your heart, is a great and wonderful thing. Well done. Please give your wife my very best wishes.

May I recommend a chronic illness site? Not really about terminal illness, but there is some overlap. The sight is called On Life and Living. Some posts are funny, many take a humorous look at some tough subjects.

My prayers are with you both.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have had a lot of great times riding. We have rode in lots of rain, cold, heat, bad wind, short rides, long rides, hard rides and everything in between. She is a out standing passenger, she has never complained; not even when I decide to keep going. I am a IBA rider and sometimes I don't know when to stop.
We have done a IBA ss1000 together and many many 600-800 mile days. I do stop for her yard sales no matter where they are. Some things you just have to do.
I thank each of you
In time to come we will be riding together again with no sorrow or pain.
dd
oh
לאישת המותק שלי, אני אוהב אותך is in Hebrew for my darling wife, I love you

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can tell you love your wife very much, cherish every minute you have left with her.

"For what is your life, but a vapor that appeareth for a little season and vanisheth away."

1 - 20 of 90 Posts