GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my '07 in today to have the dealer check out why my heated grips were not working. They have ordered a new left-side replacement grip, so the bike is in pieces waiting for the grip to come in. This is the first time I have ever had to leave the bike at the dealer for service. :(

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Get a grip on yourself
It will be OK

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sux when the bike is in the shop overnight, or longer. Seems like that is when the weather gets really nice and the honey-dos are caught up. Once you get the bike back, everything around the house goes wrong and it rains for 5 days straight..... well it will if you live in Seattle anyway!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Chris,
Could be the tip of the iceberg. First the grip, next the crush washer.... Better just concede the fact. Time for a 2012. ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Heck for a non operational grip I would have let them order the parts and have them call me when they came in. That is exactly what South Sound Honda did in Olympia. There is no way I am leaving the bike at the dealer for inop grips during prime time riding season.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Heck for a non operational grip I would have let them order the parts and have them call me when they came in. That is exactly what South Sound Honda did in Olympia. There is no way I am leaving the bike at the dealer for inop grips during prime time riding season.
You don't want to get caught out in the 108° I saw today without heated grips.

...louie

·
Registered
409 Posts
You got that right!!

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,476 Posts
Holy crap! I would be camped out in front of the place until my baby was fixed. You never know what people will do to your stuff when you're not there. Are you prepared to trade it in when you get back?! :eek:4: :shock: :22yikes: :joke:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Took my '07 in today to have the dealer check out why my heated grips were not working. They have ordered a new left-side replacement grip, so the bike is in pieces waiting for the grip to come in. This is the first time I have ever had to leave the bike at the dealer for service. :(
One reason to have an extra bike...

So, I need to know..... how did you even know the grips weren't heating in JULY??????

The A/C isn't working on mine... the dealer says he'll get back to me... in the mean time, he says rider faster...

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
How long did they tell it would be before the new parts are in???
Had a part that needed replacement on a Wing once that was to take 5 weeks to be delivered.
After asking very politely-bike was put back together and I rode it while waiting for the part.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Did I miss something.

July in Texas, and just absolutely had to have that heated grip taken care of right now? :shrug:

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How long did they tell it would be before the new parts are in???
Had a part that needed replacement on a Wing once that was to take 5 weeks to be delivered.
After asking very politely-bike was put back together and I rode it while waiting for the part.
They told me a couple of days. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Motorcycle Withdrawal is a terrible thing... I went through that when my 2004 was in the shop for three weeks; it needed some work that I just didn't have the time to do. The first thing I did after picking it up on Tuesday was to practice some maneuvers and get the rust out of my skills.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts