1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
not sure why but I like it,nice job!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I am happy with the way it turned out!!!

Looking sharp, Lord Bradley or should I call you "Beenbit"? lol have not been too much on the other forum much since last Oct. so have not caught up on the rhino happenings of late, and last I had heard after the ES incident, is that you were at home making a recovery.

I have recently gone on a black out binge as of late as well, did my lower front cowling in black with a rhino bed liner, a black carbon fiber dash/meter panel and am thinking of doing the lower rear cowls in the black bedliner as well.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Very nice, good job.:bow::bow:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking sharp, Lord Bradley or should I call you "Beenbit"? lol have not been too much on the other forum much since last Oct. so have not caught up on the rhino happenings of late, and last I had heard after the ES incident, is that you were at home making a recovery.

I have recently gone on a black out binge as of late as well, did my lower front cowling in black with a rhino bed liner, a black carbon fiber dash/meter panel and am thinking of doing the lower rear cowls in the black bedliner as well.
I am fully expecting rubber snakes to be everywhere at the next event...I was told they bought every toy snake in Eureka Springs that weekend. Im never gonna live this one down! Post pix of the project...Id love to see!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't even know you, and I have heard about the E.S. incident......lol.
It seems I am a bit more popular than I thought....sure wish I had done something cool instead of stupid! Let this be a lesson....DONT PICK UP SNAKES!!! LOL Gene calls me a slow learner. LOL But what I do know, I know well! heehee

·
Registered
145 Posts
Aw come on,do you really think I'd tell the story about someone picking up a copperhead and getting bit,not once but TWICE:eek:4:

Your bike does like nice blacked out

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Very nice! Thinking of doing the same with my blue wing.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Looking good:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: , going to do the same with my Portland Gray Wing. Did you have the valve covers powder coated or bought them from Honda?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Nice,... got started on a BLACK OUT project myself in the last month.
thecruiser

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I am happy with the way it turned out!!!
Nice,... got started on a BLACK OUT project myself in the last month.
thecruiser

Ok, need some details on what and how you accomplished this look. I want to do the same thing with a little twist, adding gold metal flake over the black.

Lordbradley, how did you paint the frame and were the valve covers powdercoated?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, need some details on what and how you accomplished this look. I want to do the same thing with a little twist, adding gold metal flake over the black.

Lordbradley, how did you paint the frame and were the valve covers powdercoated?
I had the wheels powder coated, the valve covers, and belly pans, I carefully prepped and used many light layers of semi-gloss black, high heat, engine enamel. Most of the rest is done with semi-gloss for plastic. When I did the frame, I wrapped up both ends of the bike with old blankets to keep overspray away, then sanded and cleaned the frame, and carfully masked off the area to be painted. Take your time on this part, as the overspray will go everywhere. The only part I am not happy with is the swing arm covers with the chrome round cover. I move my feet around alot when riding, and it scuffs the paint on these. I need to find a way to get around that. They are made from a weird rubbery, plastic, and the were a b?!#$ to paint and look good. Im still coming trying to up with ideas on how to make that better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Haven't been to this site in awhile. It was great seeing you again Brad! Sucked my bike was covered in snow before the 7 hour ride home. Would do it again thou!

Bike looks awesome! Exhaust next? How far you taking it? Looking forward to running with you in May!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Great job, I really like it. I have a black "03" & would really like to do the same,

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looking good!
Blacked out a few things on my Wing this winter also.Had to break up all that bright red.Didn't get as much done as I wanted,so it's going to be an on going thing untill I get it done the way I want.And I'm OK with that because I'll likely have this one for a long time.It could actually be my last.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts