GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
We rode up today - Myrtle Beach has succeeded in destroying the rally. The main vendor parking lot down by the harley dealer in murrells inlet is now taken up by an RV dealer. No vendors at all in the NMB location. The only thing that remotely reminded me of days gone by is the horrendous traffic on 17.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the fall rally ran from 9/28 to 10/2

pretty un eventful for the most part.

Found out my local watering hole was sold just prior to the rally and when I stopped by and walked in the door, I did not hear my usual "Norm". What a bummer. oh well, time marches on.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well that sux! Has the 'banning' of loud motorcycles and obnoxious behavior effected the turn out lately?

·
Registered
134 Posts
dailyrider

Where ever you got your info from is totally off base. That is another rally and is in the Memorial Day time frame. What hurt this rally was Myrtle Beach City Council and the old money controllers that don't want anything happening that they can't control. For your information these 2 rally's generated jobs, business and could sustain bike shops for the whole year just on the income from these 2 events. The only ones suffering from the low turn out are the business, servers and the economy that is in the toilet from mismanagement and corrupt politics's. There has always been and variety of motorcycles here both metric and American. So nothing to do with your smart axx comment about loud or obnoxious. We had to close our shop that was open for years and sustained income for several families as well as a service for tons of repeat customers because the city didn't want any bike traffic in the city limits. Also tons of laws enacted to force bikes out of their precious town, even their own equipment couldn't pass the noise ordinance and most of the law enforcement and city workers were advised to sell their bikes or stay off of them during the events if they wanted to keep their jobs.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have gone to Myrtle Beach for the last 6 or 7 years. The past 3 it has gone downhill and last year was just about non exisistant except for a small party at Jammin Leather. This year I went to Thunder Beach in Panama City Beach. It was big and very crowded so that is where everyone went lots of vendors not many wing vendors but it was a good time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts