GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is getting married next week in Myrtle Beach. I will be going in the Tahoe because I have to haul a few things down there. I heard that the fall bike week will be going on. Does anybody know if there will be any Goldwing events vendors etc. ? Thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Been there the last 4 years for Fall Rally. All the vendors are geared toward the HD crowd.
There was a Honda vendor set up in North Myrtle Beach at Barefoot Landing.
A lot of custom bike displays too..
Other than that, it's mostly just the basic "biker" stuff (leathers, etc), with a few vendors doing pinstriping.

·
Registered
198 Posts
rooksd1 said:
My daughter is getting married next week in Myrtle Beach. I will be going in the Tahoe because I have to haul a few things down there. I heard that the fall bike week will be going on Thanks

Does anybody know if there will be any Goldwing events vendors etc.
I've been to both the spring and fall rallies for a number of years, never seen anything along the Grandstrand related to Goldwings.

Most of the bikes in attendance are Harley's and other V-Twins with a few crotch rockets sprinkled in!!!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well we Wingers need to take a stand and start making a presence in force. Seems every event I go to its nothing but Harley, Harley, Harley.

I will be down there next week, sadly enough Im riding down with 3 others who will be on Harleys. But anyway, I will have a comfortable ride. This will be my first time to Myrtle Beach so Im looking forward to it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This past Spring Rally the Kury tent was almost 50% metric. I bought my stealth and mirror leds there. This was at Barefoot. I saw lots of Goldwing stuff at Barefoot. The Colonial Mall in N Myrtle had the Dunlop display where they had plenty of E3s despite the shortage. The prices were just okay. Cold beverage is by far and away the cheapest in Murrell's Inlet where I like to hang out. It's a more reserve crowd there I think too. For instance: I bought a pound of fresh steamed shrimp (15-20 count) and two beers $10.00 at the height of the rally in Murrell's Inlet. Definately the place to be. They have the older Suck, Bang Blow bar there in Murrells too. They have the burnout pit there which is a hoot.

Scott

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
We are taking the Kawasaki 2000 there this week-end. So, for all of you
Goldwingers attending, we'll be the folks waiving to you from a cruiser.
We pretty much just go to see the vendors & to get the t-shirts that get
clearanced on the last day. We never attend the p.m. festivities. I have
never seen a breast at a bike event. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts