GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a sad heart when Glockjock & I received a PM from MM this morning, saying he was giving up all the pay, bonuses, and perks of being a Mod/Admin & stepping down, effective immediately. MM was named a Mod 2/19 and has had a steady hand at the wheel ever sense. When Glen & I (Fred & Barney) are stumbling our way through this computer stuff, MM made us look like bumbling fools. The man is a wiz, researching things.

We just felt that you need to know the status of your 'mod squad' and hope you will join us in wishing him (or her) a very heart-felt thanks for the years they have dedicated to this forum. Check out the For Sale forum sometime. All those closed threads, after members have sold something......That was MM. And that was literally 100's and 100's of post to go through. Shows the dedication of this person. And this is just one example of the behind-the-scene work this person has done.

So please join us in thanking MM for an extraordinary dedication to the board, along with a huge dose of common sense.

Hopefully this 'person' will grace us with their presence on the board, but without the additional pressures of being a mod.

Let me be the first. A huge thank-you for all that you've done for the board. Whether they know it or not, the board is in your debt!

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear. The mod will be gone but the mystery will remain. 馃憤

Administrator
I鈥檒l echo what Bullet Bob stated so eloquently. Mysterious Mod was serious about his or her duties and spent a lot more time on the board in housekeeping chores than did either Bob or I. MM鈥檚 sleuthing skills in tracking down spammers will be sorely missed. Bob and I are rank amateurs with the technical aspects, but we could count on Mysterious Mod as our own personal Geek Squad.

Who was that Masked Man riding off into the sunset on that Golden Wing? That son, was the Mysterious Moderator!!

MM, if you're reading this, thank you for all you've done, and for being a friend and mentor.

Glen

Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
Thanks for all you've done for the forum. Herding cats is hard work.

Registered
Dang man! That's going to be a relief, on your end (I know when I retired I felt 1000lbs lifted from my back) BUT we will all miss you dearly, enjoy your retirement... and please stop by once in a while....Thanks for all you've done for us all.:love::love:

Ronnie 6/22/32

Registered
Oh no, does that mean this forum will sink into oblivion without a steady hand at the helm (a little nautical lingo thrown in). Glen, you and Bob are going to have to step up your game. 馃榿 馃檹

Registered
Thanks for doing a thankless job, but we all know life happens. Best of luck, and well wishes.

Registered
2008 level 4 Red
Ditto from a relative newly who is mostly oblivious to all the work involved in maintaining a message board with the activity this site enjoys.

Registered
ALRIGHT - FREE-FOR-ALL PARTY TIME... 馃コ

Bring back the hotbox - Glen and Bob ain't gonna be able to keep up... 馃槇馃ぃ

Politics and religion here we come... 馃槵馃榿

Seriously though - MM thanks for the work you've done over the years. 馃憤

Registered
Thanks for doing such a great job on the forum. Hey, I am definitely going to miss you eventhough I pushed you guys to the limit at times. Hopefully you won't make yourself a stranger and stop by regularly.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts