GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing a Bushtec Hitch on my 2010 and had to disconnect some wiring under the seat to access a bolt. I noticed a two wire plug that wasn't connected to anything. Just curious what it is?

20200318_184810.jpg 20200318_184845.jpg 20200318_184856.jpg

·
Vendor
16,070 Posts
Not sure what that particular connector is for, but it's probably for something like a Hondaline CD player, or vanity mirror, or trunk light kit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what that particular connector is for, but it's probably for something like a Hondaline CD player, or vanity mirror, or trunk light kit.

Everything seems to be working fine, and I don't see a mate to that plug anywhere in the immediate area. The vanity mirror plug in the trunk lid is hot like it's supposed to be; I know because I'm going to use it to power a USB charger in the trunk. As far as the CD player, I thought there was only one larger multi-pin plug under another one of those covers under the seat; maybe it could be another plug that the CD player uses? I have the J&M MP3 which hooks into the CD plug, but I haven't installed it yet, maybe the answer could lie in the MP3 player instructions...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Passenger Push To Talk Switch?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Passenger Push To Talk Switch?
Someone else thought it was the passenger PTT, I called Sierra and they confirmed what techdude said, and the PTT plug is in the same rubber boot as the CD Changer plug, which is in the center behind the relay box. I also checked with a 12V test light and it doesn't seem to be powered.

·
Vendor
16,070 Posts
Someone else thought it was the passenger PTT, I called Sierra and they confirmed what techdude said, and the PTT plug is in the same rubber boot as the CD Changer plug, which is in the center behind the relay box. I also checked with a 12V test light and it doesn't seem to be powered.
Attached are the instruction sets for PTT, and Passenger Audio. According to those the connector is black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I KNOW! I KNOW!!!!!
It goes to nothing. The other end of the wires are in the trunk lid and each single wire under the seat ends up as two wires each in the trunk lid with a 4 wire plug and connected to nothing there. There is some funky electrical something in the wire loom between the trunk lid and under the seat. I wanted to use those wires for my Clifford Alarm in my 2010, but I could not get any consistent continuity readings between under the seat and trunk lid. The wire colors are a match. I currently have both of those wires broken at the trunk hinge, no need connecting them back for NOTHING using them. Almost all other hinge wires have long been spliced at both hinges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts