GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please identify the purpose of this female 4 pin plug under the seat. The wires appear from out of the harness rather than one of the rubber boots. This is a European spec GL1800 and I suspect there are some subtle differences electrically to your US bikes.
[/img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1310/3413/320/P1010003.jpg

·
Registered
994 Posts
twinsbampy said:
Could someone please identify the purpose of this female 4 pin plug under the seat. The wires appear from out of the harness rather than one of the rubber boots. This is a European spec GL1800 and I suspect there are some subtle differences electrically to your US bikes.
[/img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1310/3413/320/P1010003.jpg
To insert images make sure you have ONE set of brackets ([]) with the letters img inside of the brackets in front of the http: - after the jpg you need another set of brackets with a slash and the letters img inside (/img).

To see exactly how it is done click on the quote button and you will be able to compare the way you did it to the way I did it:

Now as to why your blogger pic is not showing up I do not know. but this is how it is supposed to work:

Picture of the right side of our trike and how I lowered the floorboards.

Use the preview option when constructing your post before posting it to see if your pic will show up. Can then fix any errors.

Once you get the blogger pic to show up then we can see what plug you are referring to.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Jim n Judy said:
Picture of the right side of our trike and how I lowered the floorboards.
Jim, Can you tell me more about how you lowered the floorboards? How much lowered, etc. Honda sure blew the design of the 1800 for leg comfort for me. 1500 was much better in the "comfort" aspect - not that I would go back, but I do miss the leg room.

Ken H>

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I think that audio was a good guess. did you chekc it wihta meter to see if it has 12vdc. If not then it's probably audio.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Service manual shows the rear speaker plug as Black-4 wire, BLU/YEL, RED/YEL, GRN/WHT, and BRN/WHT. Also found a picture of an Oil Preasure Switch Diode Assembly (4/NAT). Sorry couldn't find it in the wiring diagram to identify the color code. If that's the Plug is the Diode missing?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What year is the bike?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same orphan plug and noticed it while I was installing my Autocom. I first thought it had become unplugged from its mate, but I could find no mating plug. Process of elimination has lead me to believe that it is the audio and power source for the optional CD player that would be installed in the lower compartment of the trunk. It's just a WAG, but seems plausible.

Dan

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can't find it on any of the 06 wiring diagrams. I did find the optional CD power is all in the same connector as the rest of the cables for it so I don't think it's that. I do see reference to a blank 4P connector in that area under the cable and harness routing, but there's no color identification and the manual simply lists it as non use. The mind boggles lol.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Where do the heated seats plug in? That would not be in my 2002 service manual.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I do belive the 06 has a diagnostic plug now and it has 4 wires .... im not saying any more than that ...

Nigel

·
Registered
244 Posts
If the diagnostics socket is the same as the DLC (Data Link Connector) then yes it is 4 pin but it is a red socket and the cables going to it are Bl/Y, O/W, Br and G.

There are differences between the wiring of the US and UK models but usually, the UK has bits of the loom missing rather than the other way around. Therefore I'd expect to be able to find this socket on US circuit diagrams.

I've searched again for this socket but the only mention I can find anywhere close is in the cable routing guide where it says Blank 2P or 4P (White) (nonuse) However this cable is in a boot with others running against the LH frame, and not parallel to the back.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts